Historic, residential Deutschtown, is a quick walk or ride to Downtown PIttsburgh & the Point. The Pirates' and Steelers' play 15-20 minute walk away!
The Middle St. House is clean & quiet with all basic comforts of home, not a lot of fru-fru. Built in 1910, it's been a home since its renovation in 1995. It's private with a back terrace and 2nd fl deck under the cooling canopy of trees. Cheerfully decorated, 2 bedroom; up to 4 guests, but no more. Off street parking space available.
I really love the City of PIttsburgh and the surrounding area. There's a lot to be seen and do. Not to mention.. The restaurant scene is lively!
I am happy to provide a 'tailored tour' around town if you are interested in an overview or a more detailed look or experience of something specific (@$20/hour). There are also a number of books and information pamphlets specific to Pittsburgh in the 'library.'
- Secured back yard; side entrance is locked when not in use.
- The lock/alarm system is in place for added security. Breathe easily; it's life in the city!
- Local occupancy rules need apply to honor neighborhood intentions related to single family dwellings. That is, there can be no more than 3 unrelated adults staying here at any given time. In other words, 3 unrelated friends can stay or a married couple and 2 unrelated adults can stay, or 2 couples can stay.
- For safety reasons, the third floor and basement should be considered "off limits" due to the nature of the stairwells.
- This is a residential neighborhood. Quiet get togethers are fine; tailgating and parties in general are not acceptable.
HI! I'm someone who loves people and being hospitable. It's the height of compliment if you really feels at home in my home!
Aside from being a bit of a natural tour guide, I have a bent for owning and managing comfortable, livable spaces. Over the course of the past 25 years, we've renovated and managed 2 Victorian houses which were built around 1910. By in large, we have had great experiences with the people who have lived in these spaces. We're always open to suggestion on how to make things better, so suggest away!
Air BnB seems like a natural, good fit for us and an interesting way to get to know more folks and help them get to know our great city, Pittsburgh, PA. Ask about what to see or do and we'll have a number of interesting suggestions that may be under the City's general PR radar. Plan to stay a while!
There will always be fresh fruit and seltzer in the fridge. I'm into good coffee and tea. There's a French patisserie around the corner... oh oh! Sounds like breakfast to me!