You’ll love my place because of the farm environment away from the noisy city and distractions. Come saturate yourself in the silence and listen to the music of nature which includes the spotted Genet, Peacocks, donkey's, wild horses, farm animals & cattle. We also have some Wildebeest & Blesbuck. It boast a fascinating sandstone venue which is "Boere" chic. Experience good old "Boere" food and hosting.
This stylish Free State guest farm is part of a working environment, which includes cattle, sheep and horse farming. It boasts a fascinating sandstone venue, luxury en-suite rooms that create an "Boere Chic" atmosphere with traditional and solid wood furniture, passed on through generations. On this family-owned Free State farm you can escape the city noise and stress. Relax and enjoy the clear blue sky and magnificent sunsets. At night you can see the stars come so close that you can almost touch it.
For overnight accommodation, weekend getaways, Weddings, reunions or conferences, Waaidam is the place to go!
Situated halfway between Johannesburg, Durban and Bloemfontein and only 9km off the N3 highway
We offer a full "Boere" breakfast for only R60 extra
We have activities on the farm:
Fishing, horse riding, romantic bush picnic lunch with or without horses, echo game sunset drive, farm petting zoo, foot golf course, hiking, mountain biking, off-road safari camp, off-road and quad bike track, French Bowls, Croquette, Jukskei, Volleyball, Shooting kettie, Bow & arrow, swimming pool, heated pool - seasonal, paintball, clay pigeon shooting, king swing & high rope swinging
From Waaidam you have a magnificent view of the mountains and the Free State flats.
1. Smoking in designated areas only
2. Animals on the farm must be handled with Waaidam personnel present especially the horses
3. Pets must bring their own beds, unfortunately they cannot sleep in or on top of the beds
4. Pets need to be supervised because of the other farm animals for example the horses that can kick and the cows that roam on the farm, we do not take any responsibility when they get hurt
5. Keep camera flashes away from horses as to not scare them
6. Little children must be supervised, Waaidam does not take responsibility for them or for any injuries
7. Farm implements must be handled with care because it is historical & fragile
8. Any farm activities must please be arranged before arrival
9. No alcohol is permitted, we do have a cash bar available
10 Kiosk open for light snacks at 10H00 & 15H00 everyday
Guest house owner,
Farmer, ingral knowledge of the area, and nature
Our food is traditional but exceptional, prepared by Erna, my wife
We read lots, have own library,
Like people from all over the world, we have been to many African places, Europe, Amerca, the East, New Zealand etc. And would like them to visit us.
Go, experience and don't grow old to quick.
Willem Erna Lombard