This lovely creekside cabin is on one of southwestern Ohio's premier deepwater fishing and boating streams. Private and cozy, this Amish-built retreat is meticulously cared for and has a large dock. The hosts are well known for their hospitality.
Eagle Creek Country Cabin is one of the few rental cabins in southwestern Ohio along a deepwater creek where you can ride your kayak, canoe, or pontoon boat right to a dock and walk but a few yards to your cabin. The cabin is one mile upstream from what many say is the deepest, cleanest, and most scenic stretch of the Ohio River. The water depth just off the cabin's private dock is around 19 feet, and huge catfish and many bass inhabit the water's depths.
A one-night rate (Sun - Th) is $100. The weekend requires a two night stay and is $240 (Friday & Saturday). There is an additional charge of $15 per night per guest over 2 up to a max of 4 guests. Children under 5 stay free. Check-in time is 3:00 p.m. and check-out time is 12:00 noon. A week's stay is the maximum length of a rental.
Eagle Creek Country Cabin is non-smoking. Guests have full access to the 1.5 acres and miles of scenic creek perfect for kayakers and canoeists. Lightly-traveled country lanes provide miles of hiking and biking opportunities. Local area has many National Historical Landmarks from the Civil-War era. You will also find award-winning wineries, antique shopping, many excellent restaurants, and four golf courses-- all within a 20 minute drive!
The cabin's owners, Steven and Darci, enjoy meeting their guests upon arrival, but after that, guests have full privacy for the remainder of their stay. Should any assistance be needed, Steven and Darci live one minute away but out of sight of the cabin, in the middle of a 25-acre retreat known as Worldwalker Hill.
There is satellite TV programming. The 32-inch flat-screen TV comes with a DVD player with a large selection of popular movies to choose from. The cabin has one queen-size bed downstairs with memory-foam mattress enhancement and memory-foam pillows, two full-size mattresses in a sleeping loft, and a full-size plush futon. Though the cabin has no wifi, free and high-speed wifi is available just minutes away at the local libraries in Aberdeen, Ripley, and Maysville (KY). Free wifi is also available at the McDonald's in Ripley.
The two cabins listed on our sight each have their own independent space and privacy. However, they are situated within easy walking distance of each other, which makes it convenient for friends and family to vacation together, yet separate.
Pets are welcome with an additional pet fee. The pet fee is $10 per night. The pet fee will be collected at check in and must be cash or check.
To keep our prices affordable we ask that guest leave the cabin tidied up so that we can continue to not charge our guests a cleaning fee.
NOTE: Due to possibility of spring flooding, we cannot guarantee the dock will be in the water till mid-to-late May.
1. Cabin is a smoke-free environment. Smoking must be done outside the cabin.
2. People other than those in the Guest party may not stay overnight on the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3. The cabin is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries, or illnesses that occur while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order. Please limit the wearing of outdoor shoes into the cabin.
5. PETS are permitted only with prior approval and a Pet Addendum must be completed. Please contact us directly for approval and a Pet Addendum.
6. Parking- Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only.
7. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the cabin, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring beach/boat towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the cabin to be used on the creek.
8. Water and Septic: The cabin is supplied with county water. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and have clogged the septic system, you could be charged damages.
9. Loss of electricity due to an area wide outage will not result in a refund.
10. Be respectful of quiet hours between 11:00 p.m. – 7:00 a.m.
11. You are welcome to have guests. However, disruptive and/or disorderly parties will not be tolerated and unregistered guests may be asked to leave the premises. Only registered guests can spend the night.
A veteran educator and school administrator, I enjoy long walks and traveling domestically and internationally. My keen love of reading led me to my author husband Steven M. Newman, who is known to many as "The Worldwalker." I'm right at home in the countryside, and for me, an ideal day is one spent lazing under the cool shade of an old tree, a tall glass of ice tea in one hand and a Janet Evanovich novel in the other.
When it comes to my cabin guests, I delight in making sure that they leave with a big grin. I go out of my way to add those little touches that make for a memorable stay.