My place is close to Town , family-friendly activities, public transport. You’ll love my place because of the views, the location, the ambiance, and the outdoors space. My place is good for couples and families (with kids).
New for 2017 the addition of a 3rd bathroom (wet room) and toilet, extension to the kitchen and enlarging the top bedroom dormer to create more space and even better views
No.1 Harbour View is a Victorian end of terrace bay fronted villa. It was completely remodelled in 2009 and upgraded in 2017 creating a modern yet sympathetic home with 4 double bedrooms all with vanity units and TVs ample wardrobe space and bedside drawers.
The first floor living room has two large sofas a wood burner and home entertainment system with amazing views over the Fowey estuary. The dining area comfortably sits 8 adults and the kitchen is fully equipped with everything you could need. At the rear are bi-fold doors leading on to a bridge which takes you to the large rear decking which is ideal entertainment space.
Our guests have access to the whole house but should be aware that parking in Fowey is not easy. Access to our home is via a narrow private road which is a no through road. Whilst you can drive up it to load/unload it is difficult to turn around if you drive an SUV or other large car. Parking is available at the top of the town about a 5 minute walk from the house.
During your stay my wife and I are usually contactable by phone and our house keeper Mandy is local.
As far as small towns go Fowey has it all, good restaurants, pubs, cafes, shops, galleries, two sailing clubs and much more. It is close to the world renowned Eden Project and the Lost Gardens of Heligan.
You can arrange boat trips, sailing lessons, fishing trips, canoe hire, cycle hire and much more. An information book is in the house or you can also visit the Fowey website.
- Pets are allowed by request, an extra deposit of £150 is required. No parties are allowed in the house and guests are asked to respect the proximity to others
- Fowey is a charming small coastal town based around a beautiful estuary from which it takes its name. The town has everything you will need from good restaurants, pubs, shops, galleries etc. Visit the Fowey website for more information on the town
- Our home is well equipped and is suitable for summer holidays or winter breaks. It is really well equipped for entertaining and has unlimited wifi, TVs in every room, a wood burner in the living room, full central heating, good out door space with patio furniture and a large BBQ.
- We completely refurbished the house in 2009 and turned it upside down. Bedrooms are on the ground floor with living accommodation on the middle floor to take advantage of the awesome views. On the top floor is the master bedroom suite
- All bed linen is provided which is white Egyptian cotton and are beds are all top quality. Towels are also provided so all our guests need to bring is their own clothes!
- The house has a book of places to see and visit nearby as well as full details on how to use everything from the dish washer to home entertainment centre.
- This is our second home and we spend around 3 months in it. Like many Cornish coastal towns Fowey is very dependent on the tourist trade so we encourage our guests to spend their money in Fowey using local shops.
- Fowey is an old seafaring port and as such was not designed for large cars or parking. There is a large carpark at the top of Fowey about 5 minutes walk from our home. You can load/unload outside the property but the road is narrow and SUVs are a problem. Fowey is also built on a hill so not ideal for those who are less mobile.
By booking guests accept our terms and conditionsTERMS AND CONDITIONS OF BOOKING AND HIRE
By booking No.1 you agree to the following terms and conditions
1. Reservations and bookings are accepted on the basis of the conditions shown on the booking form together with the following conditions. In completing the Booking Form the person making the booking certifies that they are authorised to sign on behalf of all other persons who occupy the property during the letting period. In doing so they acknowledge that all other guests are aware of the booking conditions. All guests are deemed to have jointly and severally agreed to these terms and conditions.
2. The property is hired on the sole basis that it is for holiday use only and that no right to remain in the accommodation exists for the tenant or anyone in the tenant’s party beyond the letting period.
3. The property will not be considered booked until a deposit is accepted and a booking confirmation letter/email has been issued acknowledging the booking.
4. Bookings are accepted based on a specific number of people, including children, exceeding the specified number will be a breach of contract.
5. We are unable to accommodate bookings from groups of young people under the age of 25. Acceptance of a booking is at the sole discretion of the owners.
6. Care must be taken of the accommodation which should be left in a clean and tidy state at the end of your holiday. All furniture must be returned to the place it was found at the start of your holiday.
7. The Booking Form is a legal contract. In the unfortunate event of you having to cancel your holiday the full rent remains payable. We shall endeavour to secure another letting of the property at a similar rent in which case your money will be refunded subject to an administrative charge of £75. We shall be under no further obligation to you.
8. We recommend that you take out suitable holiday insurance to cover any eventuality that might prevent you taking your holiday.
9. If, for reasons beyond our control, the accommodation is not available we will refund your deposit but will be under no further liability to you.
10. The owners and their servants reserve the right to reasonable access to the property during the letting period to carry out any essential repairs.
11. Once a deposit is paid the final balance of rent is due 4 weeks before the letting is due to commence. This is shown as the due date on the booking confirmation letter. None payment by the due date will be considered a cancellation. In the event of the booking being made within 4 weeks of your holiday the full rent is payable at the time of booking.
12. Pets may be allowed by prior arrangement and subject to a “pet deposit”. Smoking
in the property is strictly forbidden.
13. Unless otherwise stated occupation of the property commences from 3pm on the
first day of your letting and should be vacated by 10.00am on the day of departure.
These times must be strictly adhered to in order to allow our housekeeper sufficient
time for changeover. In the event you do not leave the house by the required time on
the day of departure a charge maybe made.
14. Guests are expected to behave reasonably at all times and not to play loud music
or act in any way that causes offence or disturbance to neighbours or the surrounding
properties. Any unreasonable or irresponsible behaviour will be considered a breach
of contract and guests will be required to leave immediately.
15. Guests are asked to note that the rear balcony and decking is in close proximity to
adjacent properties. Guests are asked to respect the rear balcony and decking and keep
noise at a reasonable level at all times. Guests are asked not to remain on the
balcony/decking after 10.00pm.
16. The use of the property, its amenities and facilities are entirely at the guests risk
and no responsibility can be accepted by the owners for any injuries to persons or for
any loss or damage to guests’ belongings. The owners and their servants will not be
liable for accidental damage, direct or consequential loss, injury, expense or
inconvenience whether to persons or property which the guests or any other person
may suffer arising out of or any way connected with the letting howsoever caused.
The use of all amenities is entirely at the user’s risk.
17. Guests should note that parts of the property such as decking may be considered
dangerous for use by young children. Guests must ensure that they properly supervise
infants and minors at all times
18. Parking is not available at the property. Guests should not block, park or leave
their car in anyone else’s parking space in Harbour View. Guests may however drive
in to Harbour View for the purposes of loading/unloading. Guests should note that
turning in Harbour View is restrictive.
20. The owners cannot be held responsible for any holiday fairs, fetes, events or
festivals occurring during the letting period nor any building works being carried out
in the vicinity or neighbouring properties.
21. Any damage or breakages that occur during the letting period must be reported so
that arrangements can be made to repair or replace these items for the benefit of future
guests. An appropriate charge may be made. Lost keys will be charged for.
22. The owners take every care to ensure the accuracy of the property description and
other information. All information is given in good faith and believed to be correct.
23. A telephone is provided and guests are asked to use the honesty box provided
23. A full information pack for guests is available in the house.