Private room, comfortable queen bed, attached full bathroom, closet space. Microwave and Keurig available for use. Washer and dryer. Located in the artsy eclectic Southtown. Many nearby restaurants. FREE street parking. 15-20 minute walk to several downtown attractions, 5 mins to riverwalk, art galleries, fine restaurants and bars. Bus route and bike rental 5 mins walk.
You will have a #1 rated mattress queen size bed & private bath in fun & eclectic Southtown. The bedroom is located on the 2nd floor and is very cozy. There is a hanging clothing rack to place your belongings. The kitchen is available (for light cooking) and dining. Coffee and tea are also provided.
My home is located in Southtown, which has been written about in Texas Monthly and is one block from Blue Star, which places you 5 minutes from entering the Riverwalk. There are many dining options and cool cultural activities within walking distance. First Friday's and Second Saturday's are THE thing to do. There are two B-cycle stations one block away or you can use Uber/Lyft.
Amenities: Wi-Fi. TV with Netflix & DVD-Blu-ray player in living. Hairdryer. Coffee and tea.
- 5 minute drive to the city center (the Alamo, Pearl Brewery, San Antonio Museum of Art and the River Walk)
- 10-minute drive to Brackenridge Park and golf course and the San Antonio Zoo located within it (Brackenridge Park is located just below the artesian headwaters of the San Antonio River)
- 15-minute drive from the airport, The Quarry mall/restaurants/golf course and the Medical Center
- 30-minute drive from the Texas Hill Country towns of Boerne and Helotes
- 30-minute drive from many river outfitters (tubing, rafting and kayaking) along the Comal and Guadalupe Rivers
- 60-minute drive from historic Fredericksburg and surrounding wineries -
- 45-minute drive from San Marcos outlet malls.
There is easy access to public transportation with a bus stop that is less than five minute’s walk from my house.
Guest will have access to the 1st floor.
I will interact with my guest(s) as often as they wish and my schedule permits.
- If there's anything you'd like to ask, please do - but a few things, most of which are common courtesy or safety, as follows: - I rent a bedroom (on second floor) in my house. I am also living here. - I will be happy to be your host and am willing to give you any advice/information you should require. - Please do not smoke anywhere inside (there is a small patio area where you are very welcome to smoke) - Please help yourself to tea, coffee, milk, water. For other things, there are cafes and grocery stores nearby. - Please do not allow anyone who is not part of your booking inside. - If you use cutlery or crockery in the kitchen, please wash it up.
- There is a security camera in the living room monitoring the front entrance for security purposes.
I am an IT Technical Manager for a Fortune 500 company. I love my job and the company I work for, but I also love to travel. Every time I travel I stay at AirBnB and I decided I wanted to try hosting because all of my hosts seemed to love it!
I have traveled both in the US and Europe. I've been in so many places it's too much to list, but I'll say my fav US city so far is New York and my favorite international city is Venice, Italy.
I live in Southtown in San Antonio, TX, which has been written about in Texas Monthly: It's an up and coming area with many dining options and cool cultural activities. First Friday's and Second Saturday's are THE thing to do. I have a house with a guest bedroom for your use to include your own private bath. You're two blocks from entering the river walk. I do live here so I will be in and out.
Southtown occupies a two-square-mile area encompassing King William Historic District, and artistic hubs, like Blue Star Arts Complex, & filled with free parking and beloved restaurants. Rent bikes and stay here for a fun weekend excursion!