You can definitely tell that this is the home of a science, comics, & history nerd. Must love cats!
This is a short walk to the many interesting and popular Salem sites and public transit. (On-street parking is very challenging.)
Salem is a lovely day trip or weekend visit from Boston or just plan a trip to spend a nice time on our North Shore.
A 1920 building, NOT ADA compliant (many stairs.) Let me know if you have scent sensitivity or other special needs.
I look forward to meeting you!
PRIVACY NOTE: The room doesn't have a permanent door (or closets, really, that's just a 1920 house, youactually have the best closet.) From the pictures you can see the dark curtain that keeps it pretty private -- I stay mostly up front in my room or the living room, at bedtime I am happy to go to my room for privacy/noise. I can't do anything about the wardrobes in there but I plan ahead. My room is way up front with a door, I (usually) don't need to come to the back of the apartment much after bedtime, and I will never go into the room while rented. I can't make any promises about the cat, but the litter pan is up front and you shouldn't notice it at all.
The room is not super sunny, but in the summer this is a good thing! In the winter heat is adequate. There is a ceiling fan, and I can provide a fan if needed.
A space heater is available if it is cold as long as you don't run it unattended and it is safely isolated from touching surrounding objects.
I only go in to close an open window if raining, to turn off an unattended heater, or an emergent situation. Otherwise I will message you for permission in the extremely rare situation it would be necessary to go in.
The view from the window onto the back yard (no access to shared yard) is really pretty and the window private. The back porch overlooks this - it is a work in progress but still nice to sit on.
Ideal for a day trip or weekend in beautiful Salem, MA for a day or two! It is a lot of fun and beautiful here. (The last train and boat out of town leave *early* so if you don't want to leave the fun early, this is ideal to crash if I get your message. And you aren't crazy drunk.)
Also ideal for students starting school at SSU, NSCC, and other places but have not secured housing yet! Contact me for slightly longer stay requests, I might consider a few more days in a pinch.
Various toiletries and soundproof earplugs available in closet (in case the neighbors have a summer party on a weekend!)
You have the room to yourself, share the bathroom with me (and a cat.)
You have limited vegetarian use of the kitchen. Dairy is fine. (No offense carnivores, I don't judge.) Takeout menus are in the room, use of the microwave is fine, paper plates and plastic utensils provided along with limited fridge space. So breakfast offered would be things like toast and jam, yogurt and berries, smoothies...let me know if you have something specific. And popcorn. Lots of popcorn.
There is access to wifi and premium cable. (Please nothing that costs additional money without discussing with me in advance. YouTube rentals are usually cheaper! Any charges will be deducted from your deposit.)
There is a 4-hub USB adapter (no cables) in room.
You have access to the standing desk in the living room, with scan/print/fax (local!!) capability and device chargers (lightning, micro USB, Macbook power. (No calls or faxes that incurs charges unless by prior arrangement. Any charges incurred will be deducted from your deposit.)
You can watch cable on your device on your own (or on the porch! technically anywhere, and I believe xfinity wifi hotspots around town, though I am not particularly happy with them.)
Smoking tobacco (or, like, meth) is the only thing I have issue with; vaping is fine.
The cats (one in particular) are TERRIFIED of other animals, I am trying to update the listing but I would otherwise be flexible, sorry
I can meet you when you arrive to help you get here, or out front, with keys, depending on your arrival time and my work schedule (I work very close, probably I could take a lunch break and get here briefly.) Just let me know.
- ACCESSIBILITY LIMITATION: The place is on the third floor with no ADA access (based on it's age, ~1920.) This is very disappointing but inescapable. I am really sorry.
- IF YOU HAVE SCENT ALLERGIES: I burn incense, so let me know right away to stop - I will also be mindful of cleaning products. I use baby laundry detergent but it isn't scent free. I can address that with enough notice.
- Please be considerate of noise and in public spaces for neighbors.
Ring only the TOP LEFT bell (not every unit!) and do not bang on their window. My neighbors are concerned about noise so out of consideration to them I am being very careful in the common areas. Thanks!
- I myself am completely oblivious to TV/music/random noise, so please don't feel you have to tiptoe at all. I have slept through earthquakes.) PLEASE FEEL FREE TO KNOCK IF YOU NEED ANYTHING AT ALL AT ANY TIME. BANG THE DOOR IF YOU NEED ME, no problem
- I make every effort to stay out of your space unless there is an emergency (rain through window, unattended space heater, cat issue, etc) or I have your permission or your request to look at something (very unlikely.)
- Use of wifi network or anything else is provided solely for legal purposes and you here promise not to use it for illegal uploading, downloading, or any other illegal activities.
- No other illegal activities will be tolerated.
- Quiet time is roughly before 5 am every day, and after 10 pm Sun - Thurs, midnight-ish Fri and Sat. It's fine to come in later, you are just above my neighbors' bedroom so please be mindful of that, they get up early for work.
- No smoking tobacco inside please, but it is fine on the back porch.
- Use of the kitchen equipment is limited to the microwave and what is provided on kitchen cart (blender, toaster, popcorn popper,) the kettle on stove, and the sink, unless agreed otherwise.
I'll set up the coffee maker for you the night before if you ask. My plates, cups, flatware, etc are vegetarian.
- Real dishes are placed out and you can use them (w/o meat. Dairy is fine.)
I'll take care of washing them.
(Paper plates and disposable forks and spoons and coffee cups and bowls provided in the basket for you. I promise I have an extremely low carbon footprint overall!)
- I provide cold water and a food storage bin in the fridge and a little freezer space for you if you want to microwave a dinner or something (meat on the paper plates provided is fine).
If you want, there are takeout menus in the room too. Please see the house description for details of what breakfast foods I offer, some of which (butter, jelly, milk, yogurt if available) are in the fridge.
- No candles, incense, or any fire hazards. I have a fan and a small space heater with timers provided upon request.
Please use the heater timers and don't leave them unattended or run the heater when asleep. Much appreciated!
ตั้งแต่วันที่ 02 พฤศจิกายน 2017 - 27 มกราคม 2018 จำนวนคืนขั้นต่ำคือ 1 คืน