Bridgerview Cabin- 2 mi from Bridger Bowl Ski Area and across from Bohart X-country, great mtn views. Hike out the back door or on many local trails - Mtn biking, skiing, fishing: Gallatin Valley has an activity for every season! 20 min from Bozeman, which boasts excellent restaurants, bars and shopping. Our warm & comfy house is a great place for couples, solo adventurers, and groups.
We have seasonal pricing but offer returning renter & other discounts, so please don't hesitate to inquire!
Hello and welcome to Bridgerview Cabin. Our home is located on 11 gorgeous acres of forest, with access to National Forest Land just behind the house. We built it with friends beginning in the 1990s, camping on the site during construction. We have always considered ourselves incredibly lucky to spend time on the hill.
Whether you're looking for a home base while you explore the incredible outdoors - everything from skiing at Bridger Bowl Ski Area (just 2 miles away) or visiting Yellowstone National Park (90 miles to the south), or a cozy getaway complete with bathtub with view, woodstove, electric heat on every floor, and full kitchen, our cabin is a refuge from daily life. On that note - there is no cell phone service at the Cabin - hopefully our land line & Wifi service can fulfill any communication needs!
Our open floor plan offers three levels of living space, providing coziness without compromising privacy. Each level has a view of the rugged Bridger Mountains. There is room to sit outside at our picnic table, and the porch outside of the kitchen is the perfect place for morning coffee.
Guests have access to the whole house and are welcome to roam the forest & meadow on our land. The Bowhart Cross Country Ranch with miles of walking trails is within walking distance. We often cross country ski or snowshoe out the back door through the woods and meadows and into the Natl. Forest.
Bear in mind that this is a rural property - 18 miles from town and up a rather steep driveway. In the winter (Nov - Apr) you will need 4 wheel/All wheel drive, or plan to park at the bottom of the driveway and schlep up to the house (0.5 miles).
We do have wildlife in the area, including owls, ravens, coyotes, deer, and the occasional bear. We ask that you stay alert while walking on the property, and that you do not leave food outside.
Unfortunately we do not live in Bozeman year-round. However, our daughter Allie is managing the hosting. She is available via cell phone or email to answer any questions, and would be happy to make suggestions for activities, restaurants and etc.
Our local caretaker is available in case of emergencies.
The nearest grocery store is 18 miles away, so make sure you stock up on way out of town! During ski season there is a restaurant & bar at the ski hill. Bridger Bowl also offers equipment rentals for snowboarding and skiing.
Be aware that there is active bow & rifle hunting (elk, deer) in Sept-Nov, so wear brightly colored clothing when hiking outside of our property. NO HUNTING is allowed on our property.
No ATVs or motorized off-road vehicles are allowed on the property, or on the Natl. Forest behind us.
- No children under 8 years old
- Check in is after 12pm (special arrangements available)
- Our house accommodates a limited number of people. That said, from time to time, our guests have visitors who do not stay overnight and are not part of the official party. We do ask that guests let us know prior to booking if they have any plans with regards to friends/family joining them.
- Bridger Canyon is a high fire risk area. Thus no open flames are allowed inside or out, and if you smoke outside, please exercise caution and dispose of ashes/butts/embers appropriately.
- Sound travels in the canyon, so while there are no indoor quiet hours, please be mindful of our neighbors on the hill after 10pm.
- Snow and carpets do not mix! Please remove shoes at the door, feel free to use the receptacles provided for your footwear.
- Our home is equipped with a beautiful wood stove (the reason for our no children policy). PLEASE REFER TO THE INSTRUCTIONS PROVIDED AND EXERCISE CAUTION WHEN USING THE STOVE.
My family and I (and friends!) built this cabin up in the beautiful mountains and we are looking forward to sharing our home with travelers.
I absolutely love to travel and my profile picture is of me in the London Airport having visited 25 countries at age 25 - it's been a humbling and incredible experience - my life's passion!
Air BnB has been a huge boon for me, as I've always traveled on a budget, and I am very excited to now be a host as well!