You will love staying in this forest refuge! Surround yourself with nature: old growth trees, nesting bald eagles, and nearby waterfalls. Play all day in nearby state parks, wineries, Cayuga Lake, or downtown Ithaca, then sit by a warm fire in the living room.
The master bedroom has a queen size bed
The first guest room has a double bed (futon with extra padding)
The second guest room has a sofa bed that is a twin size
There is a full bath on the second floor, a half bath on first floor, and a full bath in the basement (it’s functional, but not for everyone...because it’s in the basement and it’s quirky)
This is a Cape Cod style, so the ceilings on the second floor slope down toward the sides of the house.
Nesting bald eagles; waterfall; partial lake view.
Yard space for lounging or playing
You will enjoy the fresh forest air and natural beauty. From nesting bald eagles to rushing waterfalls, your senses will be in tune with the relaxing lake forest life. Situated at the southern end of the Cayuga Lake wine trail, you can spend the day tasting delicious reds and whites. You'll also be very close to the lake where you can swim, rent a kayak, or just sit in the shade near the banks and read a good book.
I'm here to answer any of your questions anytime during your stay. I'll check in with you when you arrive, and then once or twice after that. But all guests are welcome to contact me for any reason.
We recommend that you and your guests park either in the parking area at the top of the driveway, or in the two car garage. Do not drive to the bottom of the driveway during winter months as you may get stuck.
We hope you will love our forest retreat as much as we do. Please respect the cleanliness of the interior by cleaning up food scraps & crumbs; please also enjoy the natural setting by leaving nothing and taking only pictures. Below are some guidelines:
1. Do not put anything down the drains except water (ex, no food scraps in kitchen sink).
2. Flush only human waste and toilet paper, nothing else. Flushing ANYTHING else (like paper towels, tampons, diapers, dead animals, clothing, plastic bags, etc) can clog the system and potentially ruin the septic tank.
3. Place all trash in trash bags. When full, seal the bags and place them in the trash bin located inside the large, 2-car garage near road.
4. Please thoroughly clean all your recyclables and place them in the blue recycle bin located inside the large, 2-car garage near road.
5. If you use the wood burning stove, please exercise extreme caution and never leave the stove door open unattended.
6. When leaving, please be sure all lights are off, windows are closed, appliances (coffee maker, etc) are unplugged, and doors are locked.
My wife and I are passionate nature- and animal-lovers. We purchased the house in Ithaca as an escape from our busy lives in the hectic Philadelphia metro area. We've found peace and harmony on our land and in the forests surrounding Ithaca. We often bring others to our property to experience the same tranquility.