Relax in a newly renovated, tastefully decorated apartment in the heart of Portland's hottest neighborhood! Explore the restaurants, shops, and parks on Division and Hawthorne streets, & return to comfortable accommodations on a quiet road. This place is good for couples, solo adventurers, and business travelers.
* Newly-renovated, permitted, up-to-code basement apartment with private entrance (stairs leading down to the space from the side door of the house, with separate door at the bottom of the stairs closing off your room
* Large egress window with view of hydrangea and back yard
* Open floor plan studio apartment
* Brand new queen-sized bed (firm, new mattress) with Egyptian combed cotton sheets
* Leather couch
* Wet bar / partial kitchen area with table, chairs, countertop, sink, kettle, mini fridge with freezer, toaster oven (note there is no stove or regular oven). All the basics like salt, olive oil, flatware, etc. are provided.
* Clean, newly-renovated private bathroom (standing shower)
This is an in-law apartment in the basement of our house. You will have a private entrance to space (which uses a different key than our front door), and will not have access to the rest of the house.
We do have a utility/laundry room in the basement, so we may be going up/down the basement stairs to do our laundry, but we will not be passing through your private space at all during your stay. Your room has its own door that *locks from the inside* and is totally private from the rest of our home.
If we have any other guests in the main part our house, they will not have the key to access the stairwell. Rest assured your unit is totally secure from the other guests'.
A newly-renovated full bathroom and a partial kitchen/wet bar (toaster oven, electric kettle, sink, dishes, fridge, no stove) are all in your private space.
The back yard is our private space, so please don't go back there, but you are welcome to hang out in the little area to the side of the house with the table and chairs, by the basement entrance. (No smoking though!)
We tend to have little if any interaction with our basement guests (we both work full time), but if we do cross paths we will be sure to give you a warm welcome! AirBNB messenger is the best way to communicate with us.
Please **BE SURE TO READ THE HOUSE MANUAL** which will become visible once your reservation is made. The house manual contains important details on how to get into the house when you arrive. We most likely will not be here to greet you or unlock the door for you at check in.
We will leave for you our home-made list of our favorite things to do in the area, places to eat, and areas to explore. This will help you venture off the beaten track and get to check out some local favorites. If you want a specific recommendation, just let us know and we will gladly give you one!
Let's keep communication through AirBNB messenger (as opposed to e-mail, phone call, text) if possible. This ensures faster response times for you, as both Tim and Erica have access to this account. It also helps keep us sane and organized ;-)
* 3 nights minimum (Message us for exceptions)
* The queen-sized bed comfortably sleeps two.
* The space is not toddler proof (no safeties on cabinets, etc.) and you'll have to walk down a flight of stairs from street level to access your room.
* This is a basement apartment in an older Portland home. Our lovely hard wood floors do creak somewhat; you'll likely hear us walking around above you. Fortunately, the "high traffic" areas on our floor are over the kitchen and bathroom of your studio, and the bed is in the quietest nook. You may likewise hear some water moving through the pipes.
* We do NOT have any pets and do NOT smoke in the house.
* There is NO SMOKING allowed in the house or in the yard. If you are a smoker, please plan to go for walks when you want to smoke. THERE IS A MINIMUM $300 CLEANING FEE FOR SMOKING IN THE HOUSE.
- Shoes off inside
- Please clean up dishes, etc. after yourself
- Please be mindful of noise after 9pm and before 9am (shouting, loud music, slamming door, etc.); we live on the 1st floor.
- No smoking of cigarettes anywhere on the premises, inside or out. If you are a smoker, then plan to go for walks when you want a cigarette.
Native East Coasters, we've traveled the world and are now excited to call Portland, Oregon home. We love exploring new places, cuisines, music, and cultures when we're traveling. At home, we like to lounge on the weekends, eat sushi, watch movies, spend too much time at the nearby health food store, and romp around in the gorge and on the coast.
As guests, we're tidy and low key. Sometimes we sleep in, but usually we're out and about exploring whatever place we're in.
As hosts, we strive to create a space cozier than a hotel but more private than a bed and breakfast. (In other words, we won't expect a full report of what you've seen and done all day :-) We love our house, and feel blessed to be able to share our space with you.