Moon Meadow is located in a peaceful, woodland setting within walking distance of St. Mary Lake; Salt Spring's largest swimming lake. This 2-bedroom home has a large deck surrounded by towering fir trees. It has been recently renovated and is clean and bright, with skylights. Ocean beaches are 5 minutes by car, and the charming village of Ganges is a 10 minute drive. A wonderful, private spot for couples, and families (with kids).
Weekly rate available: book 6 nights and get 7th free.
Moon Meadow Cottage is located in a quiet woodland setting within 15 minutes walking distance of Salt Spring's largest swimming lake. Ocean beaches are 5 minutes by car.
This comfortable 2-bedroom retreat has a large south-facing deck overlooking a jade green meadow surrounded by towering fir trees.
The fully equipped kitchen faces into a spacious living room with sliding windows that open out to the deck. The comfortable couch is a pull-out queen-size bed, and the bathroom on the main floor has a shower and bathtub. Upstairs is a large master bedroom with queen bed and ensuite toilet and sink, and a smaller bedroom with double bed. Skylights in every room ensure plenty of light.
You can lounge on the sunny deck, follow magical trails far into the forest, or just relax and watch the deer munching their way serenely around the edge of the meadow. In the garden below, you can lounge in the hammock with your favorite book. A 10-15 minute walk brings you down to the lake where you can enjoy a refreshing swim, sunbathe on the sandy beach, or paddle a canoe. Five minutes down the road is the local cinema, and the charming village of Ganges is a 10 minute drive.
House, deck, meadow, and trail from house.
Please call me at (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) for any questions or concerns.
1. Breakfast: We do not provide a full breakfast, but supply coffee and tea, and a dozen local farm fresh eggs in the fridge!
The kitchen is fully equipped, including coffee makers and teapot.
2. Bathroom: Clean towels are provided, with extra towels on the shelf behind bathroom door, as well as shampoo and conditioner.
3. Children: There is a fold up crib and safety rail, in the closet of the Master Bedroom. There are also 2 extra mattresses for playtime and/or extra bedding. The large foam mattress is also for the pullout couch. In the downstairs closet is an umbrella stroller.
4. Garbage: pail is under the sink, and the large green pail is outside below the back porch.
5. Compost: small pail by the sink, large white bucket outside door on back porch.
5. Recycling: bins in main closet.
6. Family beach: just past the turnoff at Fairway Drive, there is a sandy beach with shallow water for kids. It is a 15 minute walk down the hill, or a 4 minute drive. There is parking.
7. Bedding: Extra bedding is in the two closets in the master bedroom.
8. WiFi: The code is on the fridge door.
9. Place-mats, napkins etc. are located in corner cupboard near dining table.
10. Directions and key info will be sent in an email.
We expect guests to respect our peaceful neighbourhood. No parties or loud music please.