Located just 1.5km from city center(15min walk)
FREE RIDE to our guest house from Kandy Train & Bus Stations(No hassle with tuk-tuk drivers)
NO SERVICE CHARGE & TAX payable by guests
A/C, Hot water, Wifi, free linen, free parking, daily cleaning of room, common bathroom
Breakfast, extra bed, laundry services, ironing services, hair dryer can be provided upon request
Transportation to places of interest & otherwise(ancient cities,elephant orphanages,wildlife sanctuaries,villages)
1) Close proximity to downtown Kandy(15-20min walk).
2) Can wake up to the drum beats of the 'Temple of the Tooth'.
3) Pristine air for no air pollution in the locality due to the adjacent jungle('Dunumadalawa Resovation'). A walk through 'Dunumadalawa Nature Reserve' can be arranged on advance request.
4) Presence of monkeys & a wide range of birds in the locality.
5) Plenty of natural beauty of the locality.
6) Full view of the 'Temple of the Tooth' & lake.
7) The view of a mountain range & another nature reserve beyond the 'Temple of the Tooth'.
8) Short distance to the lake round.
9) Several swimming pools are available around at close proximity for guests' need.
10) The closest wildlife park is just 2.5-3hr ride away('Wasgamuwa'). Can make it in a single day(8-9hr trip including the journey through the park).
11) Bird watching can be done at 'Randenigala'(2.5hr ride).
12) Boat ride in the Kandy Lake can be arranged.
13) A visit can be arranged to the very first tea plantation in Sri Lanka('Loolkandura Estate') where the very first tea bushes still survive(about 165yrs) can be found.
14) Visit to 'Hanthana Tea Estate' & its factory can be arranged. This plantation is very close to Kandy town & transportation can be provided at a low rate(around $7. Can make the tour in half a day).
15) The locality is fairly silent other than at school traffic times(morning & afternoon 45 minutes each).
16) Loafing in and around villages in a tuk-tuk can be arranged to get an insight to assess the differences between village & city life in Sri Lanka.These areas are hilly and stunningly beautiful.
Guests are able to access;
1) Private room
2) A long balcony facing two directions, north & west lengths being 10m & 13m respectively.
3) Sitting area
4) Dinning area
5) Common bathroom facilities
Following services are offered free of charge -:
1) Guests will be treated as kings. At the same time guests will be enlightened on the ways they should protect themselves from misguiding and adverse elements in the travel trade.
2) Entrance fees and rates applicable to enter places of importance will be provided by us in advance before the departure of guests for such places including transport costs, entrance fees & any other additional fee with a view to protect them from being beguiled by bad elements in the trade. Such information is not available in any 'Travel Guide Book'.
3) Before guests leave for site seeing, historical places & other places of interest, they will be enlightened with information as much as possible which, most probably, may not be available on 'Tour Guide Books'. Also they will be informed as to how the archeological and other objects observed by them should be interpreted.
4) Look forward to interacting closely with guests sharing knowledge & experience gained while traveling around the world.
5) Wish to discuss on subjects from astronomy to geology & nuclear physics to philosophies with guests, if they are interested in of course.
6) Maximum effort will be made to fulfill the requirements of guests.
1) Upon request, home cooked Sri Lankan cuisine can be provided. Western food too can be made available on advance request.
2) Guests will be, first, enlightened on the taste, nutritious value, preparation methods, ingredients etc. of Sri Lankan food & drink.
3) Food rates :-
A) Breakfas(URL HIDDEN) - $2 per pack
B) Lunch(Including dessert) - $3-$5 per pack
C) Dinner(Including dessert) - $3-$5 per pack
4) Laundry rates will be determined & informed according to the type of clothes to be laundered.
No reviews (yet)
This home doesn’t have any reviews. If you stay here, your review will appear here.
I'm a simple and adventurous person who likes to meet new people from different backgrounds and cultures. I think they have alot to teach me. I like to travel the world alot specially to East Asian countries like Philippines, Bali, Thailand, Laos etc. Currently hooked to Tropical House music. I am currently reading for a MSc degree in Analytical Chemistry.
We always try our best to provide the best quality and satisfaction our guests deserve since you are staying in our home, you are not just another foreigner who stays for money, you are a guest. If the guest isn't happy we aren't happy either. We believe that in business quality is far more important than the amount we charge for it.