Come to the Franklin Mountains, watch the kids play freely, escape city life!
7.4 miles outside Cloudcroft NM is a 3 bedroom with loft, 2.5 bath cabin awaiting your arrival.
Come in, what are you waiting for?
PLEASE READ**** Look on the deck photos, there is an open area under the deck railing and open stairwells going downstairs (outside) which is not suitable for leaving small children unattended. Inside there is a stairwell going to basement and one leading to loft but baby gate will keep little ones out WITH SUPERVISION. The Homeowner is NOT liable for injuries. 1 baby gate is available and located under the loft stairwell.
HOUSE RULES ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- 2 pets maximum allowed per pet deposit
-Toy clean up is not a part of the cleaning fee. Please check the loft area to be certain your child has put the toys away.
- The only area I ask you clean up is the kitchen. Food left on plates or countertops will create ants. I do not always come up to clean the same day you leave so I ask you put the dishes in the dishwasher and start it. I can put them away when I arrive to clean.
- I do have neighbors so please keep the noise down after 10 pm
- remove only the sheets from each bed used. Take them and any towels used and place them in front of the washer in the basement. I will wash them and remake the beds. No bedspreads or blankets are to go downstairs as I change them out from clean ones brought from home (takes me too long to wash in one trip)
- Smoking is allowed OUTSIDE only. Please use an ashtray and not the deck. DO NOT throw butts on the ground or a $50 fee will be charged after checkout.
- Be considerate of the propane usage by turning down the thermostat when you leave or as it warms up.
- Prior to leaving at the end of your stay, turn off ALL lights (Loft lights and basement lights always get left on) and lower the thermostat to the lowest setting.
- Take your garbage with you, there is a dumpster on your way out of the subdivision or in Cloudcroft. DO NOT leave it and DO NOT leave it outside.
- Return keys to the lockbox after you lockup the cabin.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund. Cancel within 7 days of your trip and the reservation is non-refundable.
I was 12 years old when my parents had this cabin built and we spent many weekends and summer vacations here. My children and my grandchildren both enjoy the same mountains as I did years ago. We had intentions of completing the basement with 2 bedrooms, livingroom and bath, but...a divorce got in the way.
Contracting business is very slow right now so to make ends meet, I decided it was time to share this tranquility with others. The cabin walls need to hear the giggles of little ones again.
A few guests complained about stains on the carpet, I've seen 1, a grease spot a guest left. It won't come out and I'm not replacing the carpet for 1 spot. The kitchen flooring is old, it needs to be replaced but right now, it's not in the budget, maybe in the spring 2017.
This is my home, I hope you will enjoy the beauty and make memories of your own!!