Our house is 2 miles from Venice Beach and is Culver City and Marina Del Rey adjacent. Short drives to Venice, Santa Monica, Beverly Hills and West Hollywood. Also close to Silicon Beach in Playa Vista and Culver Studios and Sony Studios in Culver City. Metro train stops are also a short drive away and bus stops are a short walk away. Great restaurants in walking distance as well! Our house is a cozy, safe haven with a wonderful atmosphere. Perfect for one person or couples.
- No smoking in bedroom - common areas and outside are fine.
- Be mindful about water consumption - we are experiencing a drought - so please do not let water run unnecessarily.
- Please shut off lights when you are not in your room.
- If you have been out on the beach, please shake out towels and wipe off any sand you have tracked in on your body before you come in the house!
- Check-out is 1PM.
First and foremost, welcome! We want you to enjoy your stay and feel comfortable in our home! While we will start out as strangers, we look forward to calling you friends.
1. If you have any questions or needs, do not hesitate to ask! I am happy to accommodate you. I can always be reached on my cell.
2. Wifi = Netgear06-05 Password: dailyhill117
3. In the armoire in the bedroom are extra blankets and pillows. In the cabinet below you will find plates, bowls, and silverware if you choose to snack in your room. You are also welcome to eat in the dining room or at the kitchen counter.
4. There is a bottle of filtered water next to the espresso machine. When you need more, let me know. There is also a recycling bag for the espresso capsules in the cabinet of the armoire.
5. If you would like to put items in the refrigerator please feel free to do so. Or, if you would like us to provide a cooler for your room we have several.
6. While you are renting the guestroom you are also welcome to watch TV, relax in the living room or kitchen, or enjoy the backyard and patio.
7. Permission for using the kitchen for making meals is on a case-by-case basis. If you do cook in the kitchen, please ask me where things are located and how things work.
8. You may also use our washer and dryer at no charge. If you choose to do so, I will explain how to use the machines.
9. Take a look at the guidebook and other information in your room. If you need directions or more suggestions don’t be shy about asking. We live here so are able to provide any information you desire!
10. If you would like to borrow our bicycles let me know. The combination for the bike lock is: 4267.
11. We respect your privacy, but also know we look forward to getting to know you and you us, if the spirit moves you! We are happy to share our home with you and want you to feel as if it were your home. You do not need to hole up in your room unless you want to!
My husband Phil and I have traveled extensively in the US and abroad. I speak French fluently, some Spanish and can communicate pretty well with anyone even with a language barrier! We enjoy meeting new people from near and far.
We are happy to provide our expertise in navigating Los Angeles and getting the most out of your visit whether this is your first trip or one of many. You may be here on business or scouting universities like UCLA or USC. No matter what the nature of your visit, we hope that there will be fun in the mix! We happily share that spirit with you but also know that we respect your needs and privacy.
I am a filmmaker, writer and musician. Phil is a filmmaker, an educator and an avid surfer. (If you surf or want to learn, Phil can take you to one of his favorite surf spots and lend you a wetsuit and longboard.)
We look forward to meeting you and providing a space where you can relax and enjoy, or work and enjoy, or just enjoy and enjoy!