We're just a few steps away from major Cleveland landmarks. Our neighborhood is full of ethnic foods, breweries, coffee shops, restaurants and green space. If you're looking for a centrally located, yet peaceful and serene resting space, you've found it!
I live with my partner Josh and our four cats. Our house was built in the 1870s and displays many of the quirks+charms of Ohio City. We have a private backyard, away from the main street, with off-street parking available if requested. Our neighborhood has a walk score of 81 and is considered a historical district in Cleveland. We're near an ethnic food store, excellent restaurants, microbreweries, coffee shops, a library and a public park. Downtown Cleveland is accessible via uber ($5-$10) and public transportation is available within a block of our house.
There is a free public outdoor pool 5 minutes walking from our house. Its open June 11 to August 14, Wednesday to Sunday, Noon to 7:30pm.
Edgewater Park is less than 3 miles away. The park has a large beach and picnic areas.
You have a private guest room, our kitchen, the guest bathroom and any of the rooms downstairs (dining room, library).
We have a backyard, gated and away from the main street. Our guest space is off the back of the house, with a private back door opening up to the outside. The guest bathroom is also off of the kitchen, so any amenities you need are connected.
We are available for recommendations, directions, conversation and human contact. If you want to be left to yourself, please let us know and we will go about our day with consideration. If you want to hang out, please let us know as well!
We love our bustling neighborhood and would be happy to accompany you to nearby establishments if you want a local guide.
Cats do live with us.
There is off-street parking, but both sides of the road have parking restrictions. One side has morning-hour restrictions during the week (7 AM - 9 AM) and the other afternoon restrictions (4PM - 6:30 PM). These are not heavily enforced, but please keep them in mind. The streets off of Fulton do not have parking restrictions, so you may also park on these streets.
We have off-street parking available -- please let us know when you arrive if you would like access to this space.
Maps and other GPS systems seem to want to direct you the alley behind our house. Please ignore these silly directions.
- LGBTQI+ -friendly house. We want to both offer a welcoming home to all guests and also feel safe in our home. We have a no-tolerance policy towards discrimination, derogatory language or behavior. If we do not feel safe with you in our home, we will ask you to leave.
Please, mutual respect is what makes Airbnb run, so please practice it in and out of our home!
- We have four cats of varying personalities. They'll probably be too scared to interact with you during your stay, but please take note of their presence as you enter and exit our home. They're all quite friendly, but if you're not feline-inclined, let us know and we'll try to keep them away from your room.
- Please be respectful while you are staying here. Keep noise to a respectful level after 12 AM on weekdays and 2 AM on weekends.
- We have neighbors, so please use discretion in regards to noise outside when coming and going.
- If you need to go upstairs for any reason (i.e. you'd like to use our TV), please ask us and we will accommodate you as best we can! Our upstairs is considered our private living area, so please ask if you need to use it for any reason.
I'm a teachers assistant with the Cleveland School district, and enjoy thoroughly exploring and travelling. I'm apart of the Couch Surfing community and have hosted many travelers. I'm not fond of large hotel chains and rather find alternative forms of sleeping accommodations. Especially sleeping accommodations that promote learning of how others may live. Some of my interests include reading, swimming, biking, hiking, urban spelunking, and attending queer dance parties.