Heron Hill Cottage is a 2 bedroom home minutes from the charming town of Cloverdale. Our end of the lane privacy invites you for a restful stay in this beautiful northern Sonoma County setting. Whether enjoying a restorative getaway or actively exploring our many area treasures, Heron Hill Cottage will provide you the opportunity for both.
Heron Hill Cottage is located at the northern end of Alexander Valley, only four minutes from the town of Cloverdale. Let our home be your hub for exploring! In just minutes you can journey through the Dry Creek Valley with over 60 wineries to visit, kayak Lake Sonoma or bike to the historic town of Geyserville. Twenty minutes south is the town of Healdsburg, a mecca for wine country tourists with gourmet restaurants, shopping and wine tasting. A ninety minute drive from our Cottage north on Highway 128, takes you through beautiful Anderson Valley, the quaint town of Boonville, the majestic redwoods, ending your journey at the stunning Mendocino coast.
Our location lets you explore!
Heron Hill Cottage is permitted by the County of Sonoma as a vacation rental. Our Transient Occupancy Tax ID is 2361N.
Our cottage has been beautifully renovated throughout with premium finishes, quality workmanship and comfortable furnishings, with heating and air throughout. We provide you with quality linens and towels, wine, coffee, tea and self serve breakfast goodies. Our aim is to think of everything to make your wine country get-away as special as it can be!
* Cozy, rustic room with open beamed ceiling
* Views of western ridges and trees
* Wireless internet, computer desk and printer
* Samsung 42" flat screen HDTV with Roku, including Hulu, Netflix, Amazon
Prime and more
* Built in bookcase stocked with games, and a variety of books and
* Well appointed kitchen with custom pine cabinetry and concrete
* Glass cooktop range, microwave, dishwasher and refrigerator
* Access to cooking essentials, cabinet and refrigerator space
* Krups coffee grinder, single cup drip, French press and Bella coffee maker
for pods or fresh ground
* Electric tea kettle and large selection of teas
* Dining area with upholstered bench seat, farmhouse table and chairs to
* Access to washer and dryer
* Ironing station
* Queen Serta "IComfort" memory foam bed with all cotton bedding
* Ceiling fan
* Reading chair and light
* Full dresser
* Clothing wall rack
* Stargazing and moon views are magical through the windows
* Tub with shower
* Granite top vanity
* Hair dryer
* Bath amenities with spa towels
East Bedroom with En-Suite Bathroom:
* Take one step down into the room with a tall and restful Queen bed, with
cozy cotton bedding
* Full dresser
* Ceiling fan with remote
* Mirrored door closet
* Step down to the en-suite bathroom with walk in shower, skylight and
* Hair dryer with bath amenities and spa towels
Our Cottage is nestled in a secluded area down a country lane. The property is fenced and private behind an automatic gate. The gardens have been lovingly landscaped by the owners and you have a choice of areas to enjoy in the lush and inviting yard.
* Large patio covered by a redwood arbor and climbing grapevines
* Party lights to illuminate your al fresco dining
* Large metal dining set seats six
* Dyna Glo gas grill
* Hammock for napping under the willow tree
* Sunny breakfast patio
* Lawn sitting areas
* In season enjoy our views of Great Blue Heron nesting sites which have
been observed and tracked by the Audubon Society for over 20 years.
* Quail, woodpeckers, stellar jays, hummingbirds, doves, owls, red
shouldered hawks and more can be seen feeding and flying above.
* Deer, red fox, raccoons, grey squirrels and at times wild turkeys may be
seen on our property.
* Guest parking spaces for 2 cars but may accommodate up to 4
Our guests will enjoy the entire cottage, patio and sitting areas. There are a few outdoor areas marked private for owners only.
We will respect your privacy in hopes that you can relax and enjoy our beautiful surroundings during your stay with us.
We like to greet our guests upon their arrival and give them a quick tour of the cottage and property. We will be happy to help you with any recommendations you may need for local restaurants, events, wineries and sites to see.
Most of the time we will be on site in our RV, but we will not be in your space, unless there is a need for maintenance, repair or yard care. You
can text us if you have any problems during your stay at the Cottage.
We do live near vineyards in an agricultural area, so at times you may hear farm equipment.
Our neighbors take pride in their properties and several work during the week, so you may hear a lawnmower during the weekend.
We live in an area that wildlife love and you may hear sounds during the day or night from our resident fox, raccoons, owls and on occasion coyotes off in the distance.
A rental agreement will need to be signed at the time of check in. In addition to the terms contained in this listing, our rental agreement further clarifies lead renter and guest responsibilities to insure a safe and enjoyable stay. Before confirming your booking you will need to verify that you have read and agree to the house rules. No parties or events are allowed. No amplified music outdoors. Quiet hours are between 10pm and 9:00am. Minimum age of renter and guests must be 25 years or older. Smoking of any kind is not allowed anywhere on the property. Maximum number of persons including registered guests allowed on the property during the day is 8. This property is not ADA accessible or appropriate for children. Our $500 refundable security deposit will be forfeited if any House or Contract Rules are violated. Heron Hill Cottage is a permitted vacation rental by the County of Sonoma TOT# 2361N.
I grew up in Healdsburg, CA when it was a very small farming community. I married my high school sweetheart and we have traveled abroad, raised twin sons and been partners in all kinds of building projects including remodeling our family home in Cloverdale. I was a stained glass artist for 30+ years and many of my windows are in the Healdsburg area including churches, wineries and private residences. I also enjoy working in other mediums such as woodcarving, stone mosaics and watercolor painting. I taught art in the local school district when my sons were in school and was also very involved in volunteer work in our community.
My husband Hugh worked in Sonoma County as a general contractor specializing in remodeling. He now does design work and enjoys making his clients building dreams become a reality. He is also a talented musician and now has some time to spend recording his original works.
We are excited to become Airbnb hosts in 2016 and look forward to meeting guests and sharing our lovely Heron Hill Cottage with them.
My husband and I feel very fortunate to live in one of the most beautiful areas we have seen and we are also looking forward to our own future travel adventures!