Very simple and quiet off the grid solar powered cabana on the beachfront between Whiskey Point and Pottuvil Point. Former policeman and Tuk Tuk driver Thastakeer will help you organize your stay and visits. Cooking is possible outdoors with the solar cooker, you can source cooked or raw fresh organic food in the neighboring farmhouses or at the fishermen. All income will be reinvested in the project. For the stay no transactions outside the AirBnB system are accepted. Read all the description.
- Be respectful of local people and tradition
- Be respectful of other surfers, do not drop in, do not snake on the peak
- Respect nature
- If you can afford it, compensate the CO2 emissions of your flight on Atmosfair, MyClimate or equivalent
- Do not store alcoholics in the shop fridge: this can put the shop in trouble as they are a bag shop and not a bar
- For the check in and check out travel with S.I. He must however come to the place and he can not afford to come without the income of a ride. For the price ask the standard price of a ride to whiskey point BEFORE starting.
- If you want some extra services just agree a price BEFORE doing it.
- If you are the kind of person who is just looking for a cheap place to stay, you are still in time NOT to book here: we will be happy not to talk about money all the time.
- We consider cleaning a secondary issue in comparison to the overall experience. The cleaning level is luxurious for a local, and is acceptable for westeners used to camping and simple living. If you are dissatisfied, you can ask Ryas for a quick cleaning.
- We welcome people who want to stay a few days and experience contact with locals; if you are on a tour of the whole Sri Lanka in a week, do not come here: the logistics and the effort are not worth the experience
เจ้าของที่พักรายนี้มี 96 ความคิดเห็นสำหรับที่พักอื่นดูรีวิวอื่น
I am so lucky I have lived in such unique places as Bologna (11 years), Aachen (4 years) and I set up an holiday hut for a regenerating surf retreat in the wonderful nature of Arugam Bay, so and I am happy to share with you not only my properties but also advice on how to make the best out of your stay, according to my experience and personal taste.
In Bologna you will enjoy great food as well as culture with the renovation professional Federica, whom you can ask upon arrival.
In Arugam Bay area you will learn to surf at laid back spots, visit awesome nature, cook rice and curry with the sun, support local communities with fair trade shopping.
In Aachen you will share the home with me and have a pleasant base for visiting the city, attending its events, do a business trip, go jogging or mountain biking in the near forest.
I am just starting to host, together with my friends / partners please give me feedback