This impeccably furnished 1,100 sq. ft. apartment has easy access to the El train - just 10 minutes to Millennium Park, Art Institute, State St. & downtown. Parking in the neighborhood is free & readily available. There are two queen beds in private bedrooms and a queen air mattress. Full kitchen with cookware.
Check-in is easy, available 24/7 with keypad access. I do not charge a cleaning fee—I think cleanliness should be a given, not an extra charge. Free Netflix and Wifi.
Unlike many Air Bnb setups with "just the basics" this 1,000 sq. ft. two-bedroom apartment has been been lovingly furnished with details galore. You'll find original artwork on the walls, glowing night-table lamps, a HEPA air purifier, and plenty of board games and coffee table books to pass the time. The furniture has a vintage feel, consisting of a few designer pieces such as the Egg chair as well as antique oak and marble nightstands. The kitchen is equipped with a dishwasher and plenty of cookware. In the master bedroom there's a Simmons Beautyrest mattress, and all sheets and towels are freshly laundered cotton. Sliding glass doors open to a private porch with a cafe table, perfect for coffee and the paper in the morning.
The television has Roku, with free and open access to Netflix. Speedy Wifi service is included.
Full List of Amenities
* 1,100 sq. ft. with two huge private bedrooms
* Free and readily available street parking
* Keypad access (24/7 check-in)
* Queen air mattress with bedding available
* Gas stove
* Fridge (with ice maker) and freezer
* Pots, pans, & crockery
* Coffee maker with coffee, cream, and sugar provided
* Private porch
* Simmons Beautyrest mattress in the master bedroom
* Central heating and A/C that you can set to your preference
* Plenty of extra blankets and pillows in the closets
* Hair dryer
* Iron & ironing board
* Speedy Wifi
* Television with Netflix, broadcast Tv, and smart TV apps through Roku
* Italian leather sofa, Egg chair, & other comfortable seating in living room
* Board games & books
* Freshly laundered sheets & towels
* Past guests loved how close this apartment is to transit. Just a couple steps from a bus OR a train that go downtown in about 10 minutes.
This is an entire 2-bedroom apartment. You will have the entire space to yourself (1,100 S.F.) in addition to a back porch.
There is ample street parking in front of the building and on surrounding streets that does not require a special permit.
Checkin is easy and available 24/7 with keypad access.
Text any time. I can recommend neighborhood restaurants and bars, and we can help you figure out how to get around and do what you want in the city. I am not available to meet in person.
* There are directions to the nearest bus and train stop in the room. No messing around with (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) maps and trying to identify stops and stations. * Ten minutes to downtown attractions such as the Art Institute, Bean, Mag Mile, State St., and Millennium Park.
* The apartment has central heat and air conditioning. You can adjust the thermostat to your preference.
* Pots and pans are provided, but please clean up after yourself thoroughly if you do cook.
* Park anywhere on this street or neighboring streets with no special permit. * Easy access from the highway if you're driving into town. On 55, exit at Ashland/Damen and you'll be here in just a minute or two. From 90/94 it's five minutes or less.
* Smokers, feel free to smoke on the back porch, although smoking is not allowed anywhere inside the building.
* There is a huge grocery store (Mariano's) less than a five minute walk away.
* Some of the best coffee in the city (Bridgeport Coffee) is a ten minute walk, and there is another coffee shop (J51 Smile) around the corner that makes great espresso drinks.
* There is a laundromat/dry cleaners around the corner on 31st Street.
* For medical tourism - Rush University Medical Center is a ten-minute bus ride away. University of Illinois Hospital is a ten minute drive, but would take a bit longer on public transportation. Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's, Northwestern Memorial Chicago Campus, & other downtown medical facilities are accessible after a 20-minute El ride to the Loop.
- Check Out At Noon: Check-out time is 12 p.m. I cannot adjust check-in or check-out times because of the time it takes to clean between guests. If you need a later check-out time or an earlier check-in, your only option is to book an extra night. If you remain in the apartment past check-out time, you will be charged for an additional night.
- Lock All Doors: The front door of the building does not automatically lock. Always lock the apartment door and the front door after yourself.
- Do Not Lose The Keys: There will be a $75 fee for losing the keys or failing to return them.
- No Smoking: No smoking anything inside the building. Everyone in the building can smell the smoke. If I get a complaint from someone else in the building or any detectable odor remains after you are gone there will be a $200 smoke cleaning charge.
- Be Considerate of Noise & Sound (Quiet time begins at 11 p.m.): This is a first-floor apartment in an older building with an apartment above and below it. The hardwood floors do not have professional sound masking and some sound does transmit between floors. Out of consideration for those in the garden apartment below you, please do not wear shoes in the house, and keep TV, music, and noise at a reasonable level. If loud voices or media can be heard after 11 p.m., we may ask you to quiet down. The other side of the coin is to be understanding of footsteps, chairs sounds, etc. from other occupants. Please respect and accept the other people in the building and help make it great for everyone.
- No Parties: There are no parties allowed. We take noise complaints from neighbors and other residents of the building very seriously. If I get a noise complaint and can verify that you are having a party, there will be a $200 charge.
- Leave The Kitchen & Air Mattress Tidy: Kitchen appliances, pots and pans, extra bedding, and the air mattress are provided as a courtesy to guests. Please leave these things in the same condition in which you found them. When guests leave a mess in the kitchen, or do not drain air from the air mattress and repack it, it can delay the next guest's check-in by an hour or more. For that reason you will be charged a $60 service fee for leaving the kitchen messy or leaving the air mattress out on the floor.
You can pronounce my name the English way, the French way, or just call me Gv. I host this space with my husband John. We live in the apartment on the second floor of the building. We're both lifetime Chicago residents and have lived across the city, in Rogers Park, Pilsen, Roscoe Village, Logan Square, Wicker Park, and Humboldt Park. A few years ago we settled in Bridgeport. It’s a heck of a neighborhood, and we hope you’ll discover it during your stay.
As admirers of vintage furniture and curios, we went nuts decorating for our guests. You'll find recycled tour cases sharing the space with antique trunks, a Milo Baughman original, and a 50s chrome kitchen set. We took care to include details that matter to us when we travel, such as a coffee machine, a private outdoor space, and cotton bedding as opposed to polyester.
When we’re not scouring thrift shops, we write fiction. We’ve published a few books on our own and a few together. Our favorite authors are Beckett, Céline, and Limonov.