Thankfully Air BNB sees the value in allowing us to reply for cases such as this when there are some discrepancies. In the years that I’ve used this platform, this is my first time having to address a discrepancy but in fairness about the clarity of my listing I have to correct a few of your public and private points.
To be honest, I'm actually shocked to receive anything less than an excellent review from you because I was extremely responsive, patient, and accommodating. In addition to dealing with all of the following:
1. It’s normal to have a few questions but upon receiving your initial inquiry, you asked several questions and required a lot of educating on the basics of how Air BNB worked. No problem. I was patient and responsive to all questions in a timely matter even when some of the questions clearly should've been directed to AirBNB directly or reviewed on their FAQ/Help page.
2. You showed a lot of concern about paying for accommodations and the timing of payments. The basis of using the Air BNB platform is that you read the description and decide if you want to pay for the listing. Although, I saw all of your "money" questions as a red flag, I still moved forward with accepting your booking instead of going with someone else (as I shared with you) that popular weekend because you had more verifications (not reviews).
3. Not typically a big deal but you arrived a lot later than expected to the point that I had to call to check on the status of your arrival. I was very flexible with your late night check-in and made sure that I was available to greet you instead of making other arrangements for you to access the place.
4. On parking…. My description is accurate. We had a few exchanges about it and costs (again) and I was upfront with you so I’m not clear on why there was confusion. If you re-read our 8/5 inbox exchange, you see the I responded to your question about parking. Additionally, you were NOT booked at that time and was actually still in "inquiry" status therefore if my description/responses did not suffice, you were not obligated to book with me. However, you spoke to AirBNB and you were satisfied so you booked. We discussed everything upfront before you arrived. As shared in the description for my listing, a larger security deposit is typically required for private parking because if the keyfob is lost, it's expensive to replace. (I even helped you out by allowing you to book without requesting a larger deposit AND I offered you an alternative.) To date, I've never had an issue with anyone misunderstanding the optional private parking arrangements and I state that there is street parking available. Additionally, I was lenient with you by still allowing you to park in the driveway the night that you arrived without making adjustments because it wasn’t a big deal. Lastly, I shared with you upfront that another guest inquired about parking but I told them that it was reserved for you until you decided on what you wanted to do. The next day, you decided to park on the street and stated that you were able to find parking nearby with ease so I’m not sure why this is an issue. Private parking in someone's garage or driveway is optional not a requirement and I helped you out with no additional cost or increased security deposit.
5. You altered your reservation and increased the number of guests. Although I was not expecting it and planned for just 2 of you, I was totally fine with it. You asked questions about the billing and costs (again) and I shared that AirBNB calculated and handled all of the monetary transactions and paid me upon check-in according after their fees. I just asked that you modify your reservation so that everything would be reflected accurately in their system.
6. You and your guests brought in a huge cooler filled with food that had an odor, placed it on the floor near the kitchen area and it remained there the entire length of your stay. I’ve never had guests do such a thing and I did not even mention it to you so that you could feel at home. Even others in the area smelled it. You should’ve discussed storing something of that size and with those contents with me in advance. Again, I didn’t make a big deal of it.
7. Upon leaving, you guys marked up my wall. I did not make any security deposit claim or anything. Again, not a big deal.
8. Regarding private question: The closet had extra towels and bedding for you and your guests should you needed more. It could’ve been removed upon request. The section for hanging clothes was completely empty and available for your use.
9. Regarding private statement: The tub is typically left clean but that was not the case after your stay. Not at all.
10. About checkout… I didn’t want to rush you and I thought that I was giving you extra time since at 11 AM you were still loading your car. (Again, no biggie.) I figured that since you were still getting things together and the other guests were already in their car, I could drive 2 blocks, say goodbye, lock the door, and come back and say goodbye to you too. That’s exactly what happened. It took 15 there and back (not 30). I told you before I left the house that I was going to check on them since you weren't ready. You could've stated that you needed to go once you were done. AND you didn’t have to wait for me to return. I’ve had other guests just leave the keys or call me for instructions on locking up. Again, I just didn’t want to rush you and I was simply coming back to say goodbye but it wasn’t a requirement.
There are a few other things including but I think this suffices for addressing all private/public remarks.
As you can see from the review that I gave you, I took no issue and felt no need to share any of the above because they weren’t major things and I didn’t want to affect your ability to be hosted again. However, I can’t let you state anything publicly or privately that is inaccurate without addressing it. If you read my other reviews this is the first (and hopefully the last) time that I’ve ever had to do such a thing. At the end of the day, most of your gripes surround $10 for parking that you didn't even have to pay and a an increased charge for a third guest that you chose to add on after booking. As a Lister, I am opening up my space(s) to accommodate others and provide an alternative to staying in a hotel but everything is optional. My listing is accurate and I tried my best to be accommodating to you and your 2 guests. Thank you for reservation and all the best.