This is the perfect place for you to enjoy everything that we love about South Fremantle. With views of the Indian Ocean from the expansive wrap around balcony, and fabulous swimming beaches and open parks two minutes from your doorstep, there's a lot to like.
Built in 1903, our spacious apartment maintains its original warm character. There's a friendly pub at your doorstep, and a selection of popular cafes and restaurants right near by.
Located in a heritage hotel, this isn't your typical apartment. Everyone who visits is surprised by the amount of space. The high ceilings and original features, combined with some more recent additions provide real character. Outside, the lengthy balcony offers views and extra living space, plus a kids play area.
You'll have access to the whole apartment. This includes a spacious living room, dining area and full kitchen with gas cooker, dish washer, coffee machine, etc. The bathroom includes a tub big enough for two, and there's a separate toilet. Linen and towels are provided (plus a couple of beach towels in case you forget yours). We provide the essentials to get you underway for breakfast (including muesli, milk, tea, coffee, etc.) for the first few days of your stay.
The apartment is located in an urban environment, in a hotel building (there is a pub downstairs, but there are no hotel guests). All the apartments have private external access and the neighbors are friendly. The pub is pretty laid back and closes at 10:30, so we don't think it will affect our guest's experience (except in a good way). Please feel free to ask any questions you might have.
1. The beach is so close that you're bound to come home with sandy feet - please give them a clean before coming up the stairs.
2. The house catches the sea breeze and cools it down nicely in the summer, but it also slams doors - please take care to use the door stops provided.
3. We have done our best to child proof the balcony and fire place (our 2 year old is a good climber), but you remain responsible for any children present.
4. Please leave the apartment as you have found it (please strip any beds that have been used - this is important so we know which linen needs washing). We will do a final clean, change the linen and towels, and prepare for the next guest following your departure.
5. You are welcome to use the open fire in the winter months, but you must not leave the fire burning unattended.
6. You may smoke only on the balcony.
I live close by, so can usually drop by to say hi if you'd like, or if there is anything that needs attending to.
My husband Martin and myself along with our daughter are proud Fremantle locals. We love to travel and when at home enjoy helping others to learn to love our city as much as we do. Hosting on Airbnb has been a lovely experience and it's great to meet new people from all over Australia and the world.