La Tourelle Enchantée is a charming, picturesque retreat set in an acre of natural French habitat where you will be greeted with a warm welcome. The B&B guest room will accommodate up to 2 people with its own private access through the pool area. Continental breakfast is served on either the sun terrace or poolside. We are just 10 minutes from the sandy beaches of Bretignolles-sur-Mer & Saint Gilles-Croix-de-Vie on the Vendee coastline. It's good for couples, solo adventurers and professionals.
La Tourelle Enchantée B&B Guest Room will accommodate up to 2 people with its own private access through the pool area. The room which has a double bed will provide you with a comfortable and enjoyable stay and a continental breakfast will be served on either the sun terrace or poolside. In the cooler months you will be invited to eat in the family kitchen.
Please note that the bathroom facilities are shared with the owners and therefore are not private.
The B&B room is strictly non-smoking and we are unable to accommodate pets.
La Tourelle Enchantée B&B guests are free to share the use of the swimming-pool facilities (summer only) and patio dining area. Wi-fi is available to guest free of charge. There is ample parking on site.
Guests will be staying in a double bedroom within the main dwelling. We will be on hand and happy to help if needed.
We are both English speaking but can speak a very basic level of French.
Please note we also have a gite at La Tourelle Enchantée which sleeps up to 4. The listing for this accommodation can also be found on Airbnb.
Check in time is between 16:00 - 22:00 and checkout by 11:00.
The swimming pool will only be open during summer months.
Continental breakfast is served between 08:00-10:00.
Please note we are animal lovers and have a number of our own pets, all of which are friendly. Our animals will be kept separate and will not have access to your accommodation, but if you have any allergies or concerns please feel free to contact us.
Please note during the high season we require a 3 night minimum booking.
Tourist Tax (Taxe de Sejour)
Please note that there is an obligatory tax of €0.41 per person per night for all those aged 18 and over. This charge is applicable from the 1st April - 30th September each year. We will collect this tax from our guests in cash during check in. It is used by the local councils for the improvement of local tourist facilities.
Terms and Conditions
Just so that we all know where we stand, we thought it would be helpful to outline some ‘house rules’.
1. The accommodation known as ‘La Tourelle Enchantee Gîte and La Tourelle Enchantee B&B Guest Room’ are offered solely as holiday accommodation, subject to agreement between Karen Keating and Caroline Doe (the Owners) and the renter (the Guest or Guests).
2. Check in time: from 16:00 (latest check in 22:00).
3. Check out: by 10:30 in the gite and 11:00 in the B&B guest room on the day of departure unless otherwise agreed.
4. Please respect and show consideration to your surroundings our animals and neighbours during the duration of your stay.
5. Guests agree to take all precautions necessary to ensure the safety of members of their party and to avoid all dangerous activities within the property. Guests are responsible for ensuring that minors are supervised at all times.
6. Strictly no smoking within any of the accommodation or associated areas (including terraces and the pool areas). If smoking in the designated permitted outdoor areas please dispose of cigarette ends in a clean and responsible manner. Smoking in prohibited areas will negate any return of the good housekeeping/breakages deposit.
7. We are sorry but at this time we do not accept any pets.
8. Children must be supervised at all times, especially in the grounds and near the ponds and the pool area. Children’s safety remains the sole responsibility of the parents/guardians at all times.
9. No food, drinks, glasses (including bottles and cans) or sharp objects are allowed within the swimming pool area.
10. The minimum rental period during peak season for the gite is 7 days and the B&B guest room is 3 days.
11. Payment is taken by AirBnB.
12. The rental charges are inclusive of water, electricity, gas, fuel and linen.
13. To secure the booking guests are required to pay the full balance, including the good housekeeping/breakages deposit. Following receipt, a confirmation will be sent by return. This constitutes formal agreement between Guest(s) and the Owner and agreement to these ‘house rules’.
14. A good housekeeping/breakages deposit of £155 is required for the gîte booking payable at the time of booking (refunded in accordance with Airbnb's T&C's, subject to possible deductions for damages, breakages, missing items or additional deep cleaning). A deposit is not required for the B&B guest room bookings
15. Bookings are confirmed on the understanding that the accommodation will be available for the dates specified. If, due to circumstances beyond our control this is not possible, we will make a prompt and full refund of all money paid and there will be no further claim against us. In the event of a booking being cancelled or altered by reason of force majeure (which includes floods, storms, riots, strikes, wars and acts of god) or other events outside our control, we cannot accept liability. If the Guest(s) or any other person in the Guest’s party falls ill whilst on holiday, or has any reason to leave the property early, we cannot be responsible for any additional costs incurred, nor any part of the rental charge returned.
16. In the event of cancellation by the Guest(s) the charges are as follows:
For a 50% refund, cancellation must be made seven full days prior to listing’s local check in time (or 3:00 PM if not specified) on the day of check in, otherwise no refund. For example, if check-in is on Friday, cancel by Friday of the previous week before check in time. If the guest cancels less than 7 days in advance, the nights not spent are not refunded. If the guest arrives and decides to leave early, the nights not spent are not refunded.
17. We advise all guests to take out travel insurance including personal liability cover.
18. Use of the accommodation and all amenities is entirely at Guests’ own risk. Guests’ personal belongings, including motor vehicles, left in or around the property are entirely at Guests’ own risk. No responsibility can be accepted for loss or damage thereto.
19. An inventory of the equipment provided in each gîte is provided to guests upon arrival.
20. Should you have a complaint about the property or should the items listed in the inventory not be correct please report it to us as soon as possible so that we have the opportunity to deal with it. Complaints cannot be accepted after your departure.
21. Please report all breakages as soon as possible, a charge is not always levied, but we’d rather hear from you than finding out after your departure.
22. No linen is to be taken off the property.
23. Guests agree to be considerate, take good care of the property and leave it as clean and tidy as they found it upon arrival. The Owner reserves the right to make a deduction from the good housekeeping deposit to cover any additional cleaning costs.
24. Any Guests deemed to be acting in a consistently unreasonable manner will be asked to quit the property.
25. Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that the description of the properties and nearby facilities is as accurate as possible, we cannot accept any liability for any changes beyond our control.
26. Should you have a complaint about the properties please let us know as soon as possible, so that we have the opportunity to deal with it. Complaints cannot be accepted after your departure.
Now that’s all clear you can relax, enjoy and have a fantastic holiday...
So a little bit of background on us. My partner Caroline and I have just made the leap from the UK and moved to France as we felt that the time was right for us to have an adventure and do something different!
We have both left successful and demanding careers in the UK to get out of the rat race, have a better quality of life and time to enjoy the important things in life! I worked for many years as a teacher before moving into management within the NHS and a local charity. Caroline worked as an RSPCA Inspector a very rewarding yet heartbreaking job.
We are both animal lovers (naturally) and enjoy having more time to spend with our menagerie and are loving the abundance of wildlife in France often seen from our doorstep.
We are very excited to be starting our new business 'La Tourelle Enchantee' and are looking forward to welcoming our new guests.
Karen and Caroline