La Tourelle Enchantée is a charming, picturesque retreat set in an acre of natural French habitat where you will be greeted with a warm welcome. The gîte offers something a little different as you get your very own 'turret' to stay in, sleeping up to 4 people. We are just 10 minutes from the sandy beaches of Bretignolles-sur-Mer and Saint Gilles-Croix-de-Vie on the Vendee coastline. It is good for couples, solo adventurers and families.
The gîte is independent, with private entry gained through either the south facing double doors or side door leading into the kitchen area. On the ground floor the gîte features a brand new fully equipped kitchen area and a newly installed bathroom which incorporates a toilet, hand basin and a large shower. There is a comfortable and spacious lounge/dinning area which is furnished with an easy to use large sofa-bed which can be used to sleep 2 guests. There is a handy storage cupboard under the stairs where clothes and bags can be stored for those sleeping downstairs. It also contains an airer, hoover and fan. For your convenience there are a number of English extension leads in the gite so you don't need to worry about bringing travel adapters with you so one less thing for you to have to pack!
On the first floor is a large bedroom with a king size bed and a small child's single bed (the bed is 160cm long) on the mezzanine. Access to the mezzanine is via a narrow staircase and caution must be taken and children supervised.
Please note: the gîte is strictly non-smoking and we are unable to accommodate pets.
La Tourelle Enchantée gîte guests are free to share the use of the indoor solar heated swimming pool facilities (summer only) and can enjoy their own patio dining area. Wi-fi is available to guests free of charge. There is ample parking on site.
Guests will be staying in the independent turret next to our residence. We will be on hand and happy to help if needed.
We are both English speaking but can speak a very basic level of French.
Check in time is between 16:00 - 22:00 and checkout by 10:00.
Please note we are animal lovers and have a number of our own pets, all of which are friendly. Our animals will be kept separate and will not have access to your accommodation, but if you have any allergies or concerns please feel free to contact us.
Please note during the peak season we require a 7 night minimum booking (Saturday to Saturday only) and 3 night minimum booking in mid and high season periods.
A damages deposit of £150 is required for the gîte booking.
You are asked to leave the gite in a clean and tidy condition. A standard charge of £50 (taken by Airbnb) is made for all bookings to cover the post-departure costs for cleaning and laundry.
Please note that there is an obligatory tax of €0.41 per person per night for all those aged 18 and over. This charge is applicable from the 1st April - 30th September each year. We will collect this tax from our guests in cash during check in. It is used by the local councils for the improvement of local tourist facilities.
Terms and Conditions
Just so that we all know where we stand, we thought it would be helpful to outline some ‘house rules’.
1. The accommodation known as ‘La Tourelle Enchantee Gîte’ is offered solely as holiday accommodation, subject to agreement between Karen Keating and Caroline Doe (the Owners) and the renter (the Guest or Guests).
2. Check in time: from 16:00 (latest check in 22:00).
3. Check out time: by 10:00 on the day of departure unless otherwise agreed.
4. Please respect and show consideration to your surroundings our animals and neighbours during the duration of your stay.
5. Guests agree to take all precautions necessary to ensure the safety of members of their party and to avoid all dangerous activities within the property. Guests are responsible for ensuring that minors are supervised at all times.
6. Strictly no smoking within any of the accommodation or associated areas (including terraces and the pool areas). If smoking in the designated permitted outdoor areas please dispose of cigarette ends in a clean and responsible manner. Smoking in prohibited areas will negate any return of the damages deposit.
7. We do not accept any pets on the premises.
8. Children must be supervised at all times, especially in the grounds and near the ponds and the pool area. Children’s safety remains the sole responsibility of the parents/guardians at all times.
9. No food, drinks, glasses (including bottles and cans) or sharp objects are allowed within the swimming pool area.
10. The minimum rental period for the gîte during the peak season is 7 nights and during the mid and high season 3 nights.
11. Payment for the holiday rental is made via Airbnb.
12. The rental charges are inclusive of water, electricity, gas, fuel and linen (bedding and bath towels). No linen or towels is to be taken off the property. Beach/pool towels are not provided.
13. Price for the rental (the charge) is for only for the number of guests specified by the renter, subject to the maximum stipulated by the owners; any extra guests arriving to stay in the gîte unannounced will be refused. No camping, campervans or caravans are permitted.
14. To secure the booking you must use the Airbnb booking process.
15. A damages deposit of £150 is required. This is refunded in line with Airbnb's T&C's subject to possible deductions for damages, breakages, missing items or additional deep cleaning.
16. Guests agree to be considerate, take good care of the property and to leave the gite in a clean and tidy condition. A standard charge of £50 is made for all bookings to cover the post-departure costs for cleaning and laundry.
17. Bookings are confirmed on the understanding that the accommodation will be available for the dates specified. If, due to circumstances beyond our control this is not possible, we will make a prompt and full refund of all money paid and there will be no further claim against us. In the event of a booking being cancelled or altered by reason of force majeure (which includes floods, storms, riots, strikes, wars and acts of god) or other events outside our control, we cannot accept liability. If the Guest(s) or any other person in the Guest’s party falls ill whilst on holiday, or has any reason to leave the property early, we cannot be responsible for any additional costs incurred, nor any part of the rental charge returned.
18. In the event of cancellation by the Guest(s) please refer to Airbnb's T&C's.
19. We advise all guests to take out travel insurance including personal liability cover.
20. Use of the accommodation and all amenities is entirely at Guests’ own risk. Guests’ personal belongings, including motor vehicles, left in or around the property are entirely at Guests’ own risk. No responsibility can be accepted for loss or damage thereto.
21. An inventory of the furniture, fittings and equipment provided in the gîte is available upon arrival.
22. Should you have a complaint about the property or should the items listed in the inventory not be correct please report it to us as soon as possible so that we have the opportunity to deal with it.
23. Please report all breakages as soon as possible, a charge is not always levied, but we would rather hear from you than finding out after your departure.
24. Any Guests deemed to be acting in a consistently unreasonable manner will be asked to quit the property.
25. Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that the description of the properties and nearby facilities is as accurate as possible, we cannot accept any liability for any changes beyond our control.
26. Should you have a complaint about the properties please let us know as soon as possible, so that we have the opportunity to deal with it. Complaints cannot be accepted after your departure.
27. There is an obligatory tax (Taxe de Sejour) of €0.41 per person per night for all those aged 18 and over. This charge is applicable from the 1st April - 30th September each year. We will collect this tax from our guests in cash before check out. It is used by the local councils for the improvement of local tourist facilities.
Now that’s all clear you can relax, enjoy and have a fantastic holiday…
So a little bit of background on us. My partner Caroline and I have just made the leap from the UK and moved to France as we felt that the time was right for us to have an adventure and do something different!
We have both left successful and demanding careers in the UK to get out of the rat race, have a better quality of life and time to enjoy the important things in life! I worked for many years as a teacher before moving into management within the NHS and a local charity. Caroline worked as an RSPCA Inspector a very rewarding yet heartbreaking job.
We are both animal lovers (naturally) and enjoy having more time to spend with our menagerie and are loving the abundance of wildlife in France often seen from our doorstep.
We are very excited to be starting our new business 'La Tourelle Enchantee' and are looking forward to welcoming our new guests.
Karen and Caroline