Unit B2 is a 140 square meters apartment. It has two floors and it sleeps up to 4 people; it is located inside the charming farmhouse of a beautiful country resort on top of a Chianti hill: Castello di Pastine. The estate features a large swimming pool, a tennis court yard, barbecue area, private gardens and panoramic terrace.
Unit B2 is a 2 floors apartment located in a portion of the farmhouse (Colonica); it sleeps up to 4 people. On the ground floor there is: the living room with TV and dvd player; the dining room with its large fireplace (It is not possible to use the fireplace: it is an old fashion fireplace which makes too much smoke); a “step-up” kitchen that offers: hob with 4 gas rings, microwave with "grill function", dishwasher, fridge with freezer. On the top floor there are 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom. The apartment takes advantage of a private space (table + chairs and umbrella) on the panoramic sunset terrace, where you may find the best views.
Apartment B2 takes advantage of a private area with table and chairs on the panoramic terrace overlooking the sunset; the terrace, which is very large and in common with two other units, has a stunning 180° view on the relaxing Tuscan countryside. Each of the 8 apartments of Castello di Pastine, including 2B, has a private tent (canopy/pergola) in the pool area with lounge chairs and sun beds. The large pool (9x18m) is shared with the other apartments. The use of pool, barbecue area, tennis court, table tennis, playground with swings, slide and volleyball net is all included in the price (the tennis court is closed at night). The pool is closed from November to March. The pool area also features a hot tub (operated by a coin machine).
At disposal to our guests there is a 24h community laundry room equipped with washer, dryer, ironing board and iron (the laundry use involves extra charges). Large private car park inside the private estate.
I will give you my direct phone number so that you may get in touch with me in case of need. In addition, inside each apartment there is a very detailed HouseBook with all the information necessary to enjoy your holiday. During most of the Summer season I live in a portion of the Castello di Pastine with my own family. In other seasons, I live in Florence, but I come often to Pastine for regular maintenance, check ins and in case of need.
Castello di Pastine is located about 4km from Barberino Val d'Elsa; there are no public transport nearby. A car is mandatory if you are willing to stay with us. There is a lot of free parking place inside our private park.
IMPORTANT NOTE: According to the City Council resolution of March 2012, from April 1st 2012 the City of Barberino Val D’Elsa introduced the tourism tax, applied to non-residents staying overnight, for a maximum of 7 consecutive nights.
The tourism tax rate for each accommodation facility is Euro 1,50 per person per night, and it is not applied to children up to 14 years old. The total amount of the tourist tax will be asked in cash upon arrival at Castello di Pastine (an official receipt will be given).
Check in and check out times: depending on the period you have chosen, we may have some flexibility. In case you arrive on a day/time in which we are not able to be in Pastine, we will arrange with you an alternative way to give you the keys. Please contact us for details!
1) We provide all the linen (for the bed and bathroom) and the furniture for living (pots, pans, forks and knives, glasses...etc.); all the other consumables are self catering (there are shops and supermarkets where you may find everything you need, within 4-8 minutes drive). The only towels which are extras, are the ones for the swimming pool, which we rent upon request and are then given for the entire period of stay.
2) At Castello di Pastine we do not offer phone service. We recommend our guests to make sure to bring a working mobile phone with them. We offer free Wi-Fi (inside the units, and on the outdoors: terraces, swimming pool and gardens).
3) We ask to leave the apartment without any garbage, opened food rests, or dirty pans/dishes.
4) It is not possible to have visits in Castello di Pastine from external guests/friends. The maximum number of people allowed inside the apartment is 4 (children of any age included).
5) Castello di Pastine is not an Hotel; it offers holiday homes (Case appartamenti Vacanze); they are not official tourist structures, such as hotels, residences, etc. but private houses. Being such, they do not have standards or categories that are internationally recognized, indeed they reflect, in their architecture and furnishing, the local traditions and the personal taste of the owner.
This is precisely the kind of holiday we offer: the chance to partake in the culture of Tuscany, living in the same surroundings as an inhabitant would. In order to live this experience in the right spirit, it is important not only that the holiday-maker accepts but also that he will be able to appreciate the differences in the properties we are proposing in comparison with those where he normally lives.
We do not offer all the services offered by an Hotel: we do not have a 24h reception, we are not allowed to serve any type of food (breakfast neither), etc. (maybe in the future we will..but it is work in progress). We do not offer a regular "front desk service"...we provide an house book with basic information of the area. Coming to us is just like renting a furnished apartment.
6) Our swimming pool is 18x9 meters. It is not heated. Its shallow part has a depth of 1,10 meters, then there is a descent part which connects to the deep part which has a depth of about 2,70 meters. Please note: the swimming pool does not have a pool attendant nor a guardian.
เจ้าของที่พักรายนี้มี 8 ความคิดเห็นสำหรับที่พักอื่นดูรีวิวอื่น
I am Guido, the manager and "factotum" of Castello di Pastine, a self-catering holiday-rental resort near Barberino Val d'Elsa, in the Tuscan coutryside.
I was born in Florence on 1975. I spent all my childhood in Firenze. After high-school, I had the opportunity to go abroad and to study in Boston, at Boston University, School of Communication, where I got my bachelor on 2001.
Back in Florence, I felt in love with an Italian girl, who is now my wife. We got married on 2005. Now we have 4 marvelous children, who are our joy.
Among my greatest passions/hobbies are: board games and theater; I am an impro-actor, I run an amateur theater company, and I am a teaching assistant in a theatre in Florence.
I love to meet people from all around the world ^-^