This is the best neighborhood! I loved living here. This home is extremely convenient to downtown and other attractions. Restaurants, coffee shops, bars and live music are just around the corner. Farmer's Market at the end of the block every Saturday morning. Many Bikeshare stations nearby and free streetcar down H Street NE. There are also many buses X(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN). Metro is a 23 to 25 min walk to redline stations Union Station or Galludet NoMa (New York Ave) Stations.
Washington, DC is arranged into quadrants: NE, NW, SW, and SE. Make sure you always know the quadrant of your destination. However many tourist attractions are in NW with a few exceptions.
North Capitol Street divides NE from NW.
From the house, which is near 12th Street NE, the street numbers go down as you travel west, once you pass North Capitol Street you are in NW and street numbers go up as you continue west.
Likewise South Capitol Street (which is the south side of North Capitol street) divides SE and SW.
Similarly, East Capitol Street divides NE and SE. The house is near H Street NE as you travel southward the lettered streets get closer to A Street, once you pass East Capitol and continue south the letters will start from A Street SE and continue toward M Street SE as you travel south.
There is no West Capitol Street. The National Mall (a large lawn/parkway flanked by the US Capitol Building and the Washington Monument and surrounded by museums) divides the SW and NW quadrants.
Starting from the house in NE I will guide you southwestward then northward to various points of interest.
If walking or biking front the house travel South down 13th or 12th Street make a right on to Maryland Avenue. Travel down Maryland (and diagonally though Stanton park between 6th and 4th Street NE) until you hit First Street NE. Take a left down First to East Capitol.
1. US Capitol Visitor's Center. First & East Capitol SE. Nearby: Capitol South Metro Station, Folger Shakespeare Library, The Supreme Court, Library of Congress, and US Botanic Garden and Conservatory.
2. The Museum of the American Indian
3. The Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum.
4. The Smithsonian visitor's center (castle) on the national mall and nestled among the many museums. 1000 Jefferson Drive SW
5. National Portrait Gallery 8th St NW & F St NW, Washington, DC 20001 also nearby paid museums include The Spy Museum, Madame Tussaud's, The Newseum
6. The Washington Monument is off of the national mall at 15th Street. Nearby: More Smithsonian museums.
7. The W hotel rooftop 515 15th Street NW. Stunning views but pricey arrive as early as possible.
8. Old Ebbitt Grill Washington's oldest saloon and oyster bar. With its cavernous Victorian decor it is easy to go back in time. Great place to grab a meal when visiting to White House. 675 15th NW.
9. The White House complex entrance 1500 New York Ave NW. Walk across this pedestrian only stretch of Pennsylvania Avenue passed the US Treasury Building to get a great close-up view of the White House.
10. The Renwick Gallery 1661 Pennsylvania Avenue NW across from the Old Executive Office building.
เจ้าของที่พักรายนี้มี 11 ความคิดเห็นสำหรับที่พักอื่นดูรีวิวอื่น
30ish. I love all forms of dance and I love to travel and meet new people. I prefer the hustle of city-life and New York is one of my favorite places. Looking forward to meeting more hosts through Airbnb!