My place is close to family-friendly activities (movies, mini-golf, beach), nightlife, public transport, nice variety of places to eat . You'll love my place because its quite, cozy and a 2 minute walk to the beach. My place is good for couples, solo adventurers , small groups and families (w/children). I rent to tenants over the age of 22. I may rent to tenants under 22 yoa under certain conditions(URL HIDDEN)PLEASE REVIEW RENTAL AGREEMENT BEFORE CONTACTING
Description: Other things to note
Our condo is a 2 minute walk to the beach. It is in the quite part of town. Our building has 9 stories with 2 elevators. We are on the 5th floor, with a private balcony. We have a private pool with a kiddy pool and sunbathing deck. The unit sleeps 5.
The unit, pool (Memorial Day to Labor Day), sundeck, parking for 1 vehicle. The only exception is the owners closet in the hall.
I try to answer all questions and inquiries within 24 hours. I clean the unit before and after my guest, for the most part.
SAMPLE RENTAL AGREEMENT IS BELOW.
PLEASE REVIEW ALL OF IT AND ASK ME QUESTIONS AS NEEDED. I will send you the actual agreement after payment. (Airbnb will not release your email or number to me until payment is made)
TAX: 10.50% tax (MD & OC) is NOT included in the nightly/weekly rental rate, shown on the charges.
REQUIREMENTS & DISCOUNTS
Dec 1, 2016 - May 25, 2017 2 Night Minimum (7 night discount)
May 26, 2017 - June 30, 2017 3 Night Minimum ( 7 night discount)
July 1 - Aug. 25, 2017 7 Night Minimum w/ Saturday changeover
August 26 - Sept. 22, 2017 3 Night Minimum
Labor Day Fri, Sat & Sun are a required 3 night
I do not allow pets.
You must provide your own linens. (sheets, towels & blankets)
(URL HIDDEN)BLANKET VACATION RENTAL AGREEMENT
THIS IS A VACATION RENTAL AGREEMENT UNDER THE MARYLAND RENTAL ACT. THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF THE PARTIES TO THIS AGREEMENT ARE DEFINED BY LAW AND INCLUDE UNIQUE PROVISIONS PERMITTING THE DISBURSEMENT OF RENT PRIOR TO TENANCY AND EXPEDITED EVICTION OF TENANTS. YOUR SIGNATURE ON THIS AGREEMENT, OR PAYMENT OF MONEY OR TAKING POSSESSION OF THE PROPERTY AFTER RECEIPT OF THE AGREEMENT, IS EVIDENCE OF YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE AGREEMENT AND YOUR INTENT TO USE THIS PROPERTY FOR A VACATION RENTAL.
Owner: Ocean City Condo Special Needs Trust for Thomas Becker
Brenda Rodney Becker Trustee (“Agent”)
Address: 11410 Hayman Drive, Princess Anne, MD 21853
Telephone/Fax: (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) E-mail: (EMAIL HIDDEN)
PLEASE PUT N/A ON ANY LINE NOT NEEDED
Tenant: ALL ADULTS STAYING IN THE UNIT DURING YOUR RENTAL PERIOD -
1)_________________________________________________________________ (Name & Address)
1.) ____________(URL HIDDEN)Email 1)_______________________________________
Agent, as agent of the owner, hereby rents to Tenant, and Tenant hereby rents from Agent, the vacation property described below (referred to hereafter as the “Premises”) on the terms contained in this Agreement.
1. Premises. 13400 Coastal Highway, Unit 504N, Bluewater East Condo
Street Address: 13400 Coastal Highway, Unit 504N, Ocean City MD 21842
2. Term. BEGINS: _________Time:_3pm ENDS: _______ _Time: 10:00 a(URL HIDDEN)For _______ Adults listed above and ______ children under 18 yoa
3. Rent. Tenant agrees to pay rent for the Premises in the amount of $_(see web site) plus fees paragraph 4 below.
4. Financial Terms.
a.Deposit: A deposit of $_0___ is due at least __0__ days prior to the Check-In Date.
Option A: The deposit is for security and shall be refunded within 45 days of the Checkout Date(see paragraph 6 below) provided no deductions are made due to:
i.damage to the property or furnishings;
ii.dirt or other mess requiring excessive cleaning; or
iii.any other cost incurred by Homeowner due to Guest’s stay.
Option B: Tenant may purchase Property Damage Protection in lieu of a Security Deposit as offered through (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) or (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) upon reservation of rental.
If the premises appear dirty or damaged upon Check-in, Guest shall inform Homeowner immediately.
Rental Rate- See Web Sit(URL HIDDEN) Website fee- See Web Site (will go up after tax is added into rate(URL HIDDEN) Sales Tax Add 10.5% to Web site Total
Cancellation Policy: If Guest wishes to cancel his/her reservation, the Rental Payment will be refunded as follows:
__100_% if cancelled more than _30_ days prior to the Check-in Date
__50__% if cancelled more than __14_ days but less then 30 days prior to the Check-in Date
__0___ IF CANCELLED 14 DAYS OR LESS PRIOR TO CHECK IN DATE
Insurance: We encourage all renters to purchase traveler/trip interruption insurance. (URL HIDDEN)
* If trip interruption insurance is not desired, initial here:__ ___/. NOTE: Tenant’s decision with respect to the purchase of trip interruption insurance will affect Tenant’s rights in the event of a mandatory evacuation. See paragraph 13 below.
** Tax rates are calculated as of the time of this Agreement. Tenant shall be responsible for payment of all applicable taxes according to rates in effect at the time of occupancy. (State of Maryland 6% & Worcester County 4.5%)
5. Disbursement of Rent and Third Party Fees. Tenant authorizes Agent to disburse up to fifty percent (50%) of the rent set forth in paragraph 3 above to the owner (or as the owner directs) prior to Tenant’s occupancy of the Premises, and the balance of the rent upon the commencement of the tenancy, a material breach of this Agreement by Tenant, or as otherwise permitted under the Vacation Rental Act. Tenant agrees to pay a $25.00 processing fee for any check of Tenant that may be returned by the financial institution due to insufficient funds or because Tenant did not have an account at the financial institution. Tenant also authorizes Agent to disburse prior to Tenant’s occupancy of the Premises any fees owed to third parties to pay for any goods, services, or benefits procured by Agent for the benefit of Tenant, including but not limited to any fees set forth herein payable to Agent for reservation, transfer or cancellation of Tenant’s tenancy.
6. Security Deposit. Any security deposit provided for in paragraph 4 above may be applied to actual damages caused by Tenant as permitted under the Tenant Security Deposit Act. In addition, Agent may deduct from the security deposit the amount of any unpaid long distance or per call telephone charges and cable television charges that are not specifically described in this Agreement (including any addendum hereto) as being included with the Premises. Agent shall apply, account for, or refund Tenant’s security deposit within 45 days following the end of the tenancy.
7. Trust Account. Any payment made 60 days in advance by Tenant shall be deposited in a trust account with PNC bank Princess Anne, MD. Tenant agrees that any advance payment may be deposited in an interest-bearing trust account and that any interest thereon shall accrue for the benefit of, and shall be paid to, the owner (or as the owner directs) as it accrues and as often as is permitted by the terms of the account.
8. Tenant Duties. Tenant agrees to comply with all obligations imposed by the Vacation Rental Act on Tenant with respect to maintenance of the Premises, including but not limited to keeping the Premises as clean and safe as the conditions of the Premises permit and causing no unsafe or unsanitary conditions in the common areas and remainder of the Premises that Tenant uses; and notifying Agent in writing of the need of replacement of or repairs to a smoke detector, and replacing the batteries as needed during the tenancy. Tenant agrees not to use the Premises for any activity or purpose that violates any criminal law or governmental regulation and may use the Premises for residential purposes only. Tenant’s breach of any duty contained in this paragraph shall be considered material, and shall result in the termination of Tenant’s tenancy.
9. Occupancy Limits. Unless otherwise stated, occupancy of the Premises shall be limited to 5 people including family, children and Tenant guests. Bedding arrangements in the Premises are portrayed only to illustrate possible sleeping arrangements and may not be taken as a representation of permitted occupancy. Tenant agrees to be responsible for ensuring that maximum permitted occupancy of the Premises is not exceeded during the term of this Agreement, and should contact Agent with any questions regarding permitted occupancy of the Premises.
10. Agent Duties. Agent agrees to provide the Premises in a fit and habitable condition. If at the time Tenant is to begin occupancy of the Premises, Agent cannot provide the Premises in a fit and habitable condition or substitute a reasonably comparable property in such condition, Agent shall refund to Tenant all payments made by Tenant. Agent shall conduct all brokerage activities in regard to this Agreement without respect to the race, color, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, familial status, sexual orientation or gender identity of any tenant.
11. Cancellation. In the event of a cancellation by Tenant, of more than 30 days Tenant shall receive a full refund of all payments made by Tenant or more than 14 days Tenant shall receive a 50% refund of payment made my tenant.
12. Transfer of Premises.
(a) If the owner voluntarily transfers the Premises, Tenant has the right to enforce this Agreement against the grantee of the Premises if Tenant’s occupancy under this Agreement is to end 180 days or less after the grantee’s interest in the Premises is recorded. If Tenant’s occupancy is to end more than 180 days after such recordation, Tenant has no right to enforce the terms of this Agreement unless the grantee agrees in writing to honor this Agreement. If the grantee does not honor this Agreement, Tenant is entitled to a refund of all advance rent paid by Tenant (and other fees owed to third parties not already lawfully disbursed). Within 20 days after transfer of the Premises, the grantee or the grantee’s agent is required to: (i) notify Tenant in writing of the transfer of the Premises, the grantee’s name and address, and the date the grantee’s interest was recorded; and (ii) advise Tenant whether Tenant has the right to occupy the Premises subject to the terms of this Agreement or receive a refund of any payments made by Tenant. However, if the grantee engages Agent to continue managing the Premises after the transfer, the grantee shall have no obligation under (i) or (ii) above if this Agreement must be honored under the Vacation Rental Act or if the grantee agrees in writing to honor this Agreement.
(b) Upon termination of the owner’s interest in the Premises, whether by sale, assignment, death, appointment of a receiver or otherwise, the owner, owner’s agent, or real estate agent is required to transfer all advance rent paid by Tenant (and other fees owed to third parties not already lawfully disbursed) to the owner’s successor-in-interest within 30 days, and notify Tenant by mail of such transfer and of the transferee’s name and address. However, if Tenant’s occupancy under this Agreement is to end more than 180 days after recordation of the interest of the owner’s successor-in-interest in the Premises, and the successor-in-interest has not agreed to honor this Agreement, all advance rent paid by Tenant (and other fees owed to third parties not already lawfully disbursed) must be transferred to Tenant within 30 days.
13. Mandatory Evacuation. If State or local authorities order a mandatory evacuation of an area that includes the Premises, Tenant shall comply with the order. Upon compliance, Tenant will be entitled to a refund of the prorated rent for each night that Tenant is unable to occupy the Premises because of the order. However, Tenant will not be entitled to a refund if, prior to taking possession of the Premises: (i) Tenant refused insurance offered by Agent that would have compensated Tenant for losses or damages resulting from loss of use of the Premises due to a mandatory evacuation order, or (ii) Tenant purchased such insurance from Agent.
14. Expedited Eviction. If the tenancy created hereunder is for 30 days or less, the expedited eviction procedures set forth in the Vacation Rental Act will apply. Tenant may be evicted under such procedures if Tenant: (i) holds over in possession after Tenant’s tenancy has expired; (ii) commits a material breach of any provision of this Agreement (including any addendum hereto) that according to its terms would result in the termination of Tenant’s tenancy; (iii) fails to pay rent as required by this Agreement; or (iv) has obtained possession of the Premises by fraud or misrepresentation.
15. Indemnification and Hold Harmless; Right of Entry; Assignment. Tenant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Agent /owner from and against any liability for personal injury or property damage sustained by any person (including Tenant’s guests) as a result of any cause. Tenant agrees that Agent, the owner or their respective representatives may enter the Premises during reasonable hours to inspect the Premises, to make such repairs, alterations or improvements thereto as Agent or owner may deem appropriate, or to show the Premises to prospective purchasers or tenants. Tenant shall not assign this Agreement or sublet the Premises in whole or part without written permission of Agent.
16. Pets. Unless otherwise specifically permitted in this Agreement, no pets shall be allowed on the Premises. Tenant’s breach of this provision shall be considered material, and shall result in the termination of Tenant’s tenancy.
17. Other Terms and Conditions: Linens (towels, sheets/pillow or pillow cases, blankets) are not supplied. The bed sizes are queen, queen & the single. A few paper products are in the unit for your use during your stay. We do ask that you replace what you use for the next tenant’s use. X ___________
18. Governing Law; Venue. The parties agree that this Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Maryland, and that in the event of a dispute, any legal action may only be instituted in the county where the Property is located.
19. Parking. Parking passes may be obtained from the front office. If the attendant is not in please put your unit number on you front driver’s side dash, until you can get up with the office attend the next day.
20. Pool. The pool is open Memorial Day to Labor Day, sometimes longer if warmer. The pool is only available to guest and owners. 4 Pool passes are located in the kitchen on a sign marked “Welcome” please replace when you are done using the pool , and double check before checking out that all passes are on the sign.
21. Parties: NO PARTIES ARE ALLOWED IN THIS UNIT. IF THE POLICE ARE CALLED DUE TO LOUD NOISE THE LEASE WILL END IMMEDIATELY AND EVERYONE (INCLUDING TENANTS) WILL VACANT THE UNIT IMMEDIATELY. NO REFUND WILL BE GIVEN FOR REMAINDER OF LEASE. X___________
X Brenda Rodney Becker(URL HIDDEN) _____________________________
Name (print)Brenda Rodney BeckerName (print): x____________
Date: ________________Date: _________________________________
Phone # (during stay):_ (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)__
Phone # (during stay): _______________________
Waiver and Release of Liabilit(URL HIDDEN) an(URL HIDDEN)Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement
All of the units are privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
I have read this Waiver and Release of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement, fully understand its terms, understand that I have given up substantial rights by signing it, am aware of its legal consequences, and have signed it freely and voluntarily without any inducement, assurance, or guarantee being made to me and intend my signature to be a complete and unconditional release of all liability to the greatest extent allowed by law.
X__________________________________________ SIGNATUR(URL HIDDEN)Date:__________________________
My unit is non-smoking inside and on the private balcony. You can smoke in some of the public areas of the complex. Complex rules are on the back of the entry door.