The Joppa House is perched upon stilts on a 10.5 acre lot bordering the Merrimack River. Our home abuts Mass Audubon and the lower and upper observation decks, overlooking a salt panne, offer great vantage points for viewing wildlife as well as outdoor retreats for relaxing on the river. This architecturally stunning home has panoramic views over marsh and river yet remains private from the easily accessed city of Newburyport and the beautiful beaches of Plum Island.
Our guests have access to our entire home with the exception of an owners' closet on the main floor which is kept locked.
Our primary home is located a mile away from Joppa House, so should you have any questions during your stay or need assistance with something at Joppa House, we are available.
Maximum occupancy : 2 adults
~ Joppa House - HOUSE RULES ~
1. Check-in is at 3 pm, and check-out is at 11 am. Arriving slightly earlier, want that extra hour to sleep? Should be fine, but please check with us in advance.
2. Joppa House is our family's summer home, please treat it with respect.
3. We have a NO SMOKING policy (please refrain from smoking in our home or anywhere on the premises).
4. We have a strict NO PETS policy at our home.
5. Joppa House is designed to be a relaxing, romantic retreat (maximum occupancy = 2 adults). Please help us keep it that way by refraining from hosting parties and/or social functions at our home.
6. To keep our costs down (and pass those savings on to our guests) we kindly ask that you switch off lights and the A/C or heating when it's not in use or upon leaving our home. Mother nature thanks you too!
7. To ensure we keep the floors squeaky clean for our guests' enjoyment, we have a NO SHOE policy inside our home. We like to think of it as bringing the beach to our home (only without the sand).
8. While we do a thorough professional clean between each guest's stay, we kindly ask that prior to leaving, you clean and put away any dishes or kitchenware used, empty the refrigerator of any of your items, place your trash and recyclables in the appropriate bins in the driveway and leave any dirty towels in the hamper. This helps us get through the cleaning process quicker and allows us to keep cleaning costs down for you and future guests.