This beautiful, cosy, off-grid straw-bale studio yurt, on the property of an established yoga retreat, will take you out of the hustle and bustle into a peaceful retreat. Spectacular ocean views, abundance of native birds, beech forest and rural surrounds, next to Abel Tasman National Park (inland track). Perfect for couples, solo retreats, adventurous families and writers and artists. Options available for a catered stay. Note: August is self-cater only.
- Off-grid systems - please be moderate with showers, water usage, and power (no irons or blow dryers as the solar power system cannot handle these).
- Mobile phone coverage is good from yurt deck.
- Small kitchenette with 2-burner stove and small propane fridge. (1/2 hour drive to grocery stores and restaurants in Takaka).
- In keeping with the values of the yoga retreat, please no drugs, smoking, or meat on the property. Alcohol permitted in private when consumed moderately.
- Normal set-up is 1 queen bed, 1 single bed; extra mattress or bunk bed available
- Access is along a mountain road, approximately 1/2 hour drive from Takaka (classed as 4WD, but regular 2WD cars drive it regularly with no problems). Taxi service available from Takaka if needed.
No reviews (yet)
This home doesn’t have any reviews. If you stay here, your review will appear here.
Karma Karuna is a founding member and director of Anahata Yoga Retreat, New Zealand, and a dedicated, intuitive yoga teacher with years of experience working with a wide range of people. Myself and the Anahata team have 20 years experience of hosting and welcoming people from all walks of life, and look forward to sharing this beautiful space with you.