My 1 Bedroom (Queen, of course!) home is an oasis of calm in a fast paced city. It has plenty of natural light, new appliances, cable TV and fast WiFi. It is only 1.5 short blocks from the subway. I also can loan you a smartphone & laptop for your personal use while in NYC.
My sunny home is in the heart of trendy East Village/Lower East Side, neighborhoods known for their restaurants & nightlife. I recommend no more than 4 adults, as my home is not large, but by NYC standards it is huge!
FOYER: My apartment has a welcoming foyer which is an excellent location for taking off your shoes after a long day a walking(not a requirement, just my habit). There is a cabinet with a very large mirror over it for checking yourself out before going out!
KITCHEN: The Kitchen has a brand new gas stove with restaurant burners as well as a new refrigerator. While the freezer will have some food items in it, I do my best to leave the refrigerator portion as empty as possible with the exception of some staple condiments which you are welcome to use. I will also leave space in the cabinet for you too.
I have a full set of pots and pans, as well as plates, silverware and cups. I do ask you do not use the crystal Waterford wine glasses as they are very expensive and difficult to replaceable if broken.
LIVING ROOM: The open kitchen/living room has a gorgeous fireplace as well as two large windows providing tons of sunlight. Most days I never used lights until the sunsets. During the summer I have a portable air conditioner unit set up in the windows by the sofa. It is very strong and can cool down the apartment in about 15-20 minutes.
The coffee table is height adjustable and opens up to sit 6 people easily as a dining table. This makes it a great space for working if you must!
The sofa is a queen pullout which can sleep 2. To use the pull-out I prefer to place one of the air-mattress with electric pump built-in ( I have 2 of them) on it to make it more comfortable. With the additional padding, the sofa bed is transformed into an extremely relaxing bed.
BEDROOM: The bedroom is locate away from the street so is normally very quiet and does have a window with lots of sunlight. The raised queen bed is very comfortable and in excellent condition with a pillow top mattress. It is a bit higher than most beds, so I provide a step for guests like myself who are height challenged. It has it's own air conditioner during the summer and a wall heating unit which you can control the temperature separate from the living room. I always leave at least 2 drawers in the dresser and half the closet empty for your use.
The apartment was designed as a semi open floor plan, so there is no door on the bedroom and I have hung heavy curtains for privacy. As Oct 26, 2017 there will be a door on the bedroom to allow for complete privacy.
BATHROOM: While my bathroom is in excellent condition, bright, clean and very charming with a ton of natural light. This is not common as NYC bathrooms are normal in a dark windowless corner. My building has lots of hot water so I always suggest running the shower for a minute before stepping in.
I always leave a hairdryer, curling irons and straightening irons for my guests. I know most are flying and with baggage fees, luggage space is precious.
SUPPLIES: I will provide all bedding and set of towels for my guests. I also supply a couple of rolls of toilet paper, dish detergent, kitchen towels, trash bags and a roll of paper towels. Additional cleaning items will be under the kitchen sink, if needed. There is an iron in the bedroom dresser cabinet.
Guests will have access to the entire apartment except for the closet space that is not for their personal use.
PHONE & LAPTOP: I will have an AT&T smartphone loaded with helpful travel apps for your use during the day while you are sightseeing. You will have unlimited ability to call locally and you have unlimited texting, even internationally. The Laptop must stay in the apartment but is yours to use exclusively while you are staying with me. I will have head phones for your use but feel free to bring your own if you prefer.
Please let me know if your interested in the phone and laptop.
As I will be renting out my home, our interaction will be limited as I will probably be away. I do my best to meet and greet each guest when possible. If our schedules do not allow for us to meet, I have a lockbox for the keys and will send you via email an apartment manual. I am always available by phone or text and will check in often to make sure everything is going as planned.
1. The building is usually very quiet and residential. I do ask my guests respect my neighbors by maintaining that sense of peace.
2. This is a non-smoking listing.
3. There are two flights of stairs to my apartment. There is no elevator in the building.
Did you know its a requirement by Airbnb to READ and AGREE to the Host House Rules prior to a confirmed booking? I know, how demanding! As a host partner with Airbnb, I follow all policies, procedures and standards. And I expect my guests to do the same.
All of the House Rules below MUST be read all the way through to the end. It will not be in your best interest to skim thru my rules, as this will let you know if we will be a good fit as Host and Guest. So please read them through to the end and follow the stated instructions.
1. NAMES and AIRBNB VERIFICATION- I require the names and ages of all guests staying in my apartment even if they are not the main paying guest right after booking. The lead guest must have their identities verified with Airbnb within 7 days of booking and at least 48 hours before check in or the reservation will be cancelled. There will be a 25% cancellation fee.
2. TRASH - Please remove the trash daily and do not leave open food on the counter. This is NYC and I am sure you do not want to attract additional guests, even if it is related to Mickey Mouse. I am currently a mouse free home and want to keep it that way.
3. NO SMOKING - This is a smoke-free home. All guests in the group must follow this rule. No smoking includes no smoking marijuana, pot, hash or what ever is the current term, also no chewing tobacco, E-cigs, etc. (Its truly sad that not everyone understands what no smoking means)
4. GUESTS - Absolutely no visitors or unregistered overnight guests to my home. If you would like a relative/friend to pick you up, that's fine. But no one other than those that are covered by the Airbnb agreement are allowed in the apartment. The only people covered will by the Airbnb agreement will be the guest list you email me.
5. DAMAGES - Any damage, and/or extra cleaning required on top of the normal expected cleaning, and/or losses to my home, room, bathroom, furniture, appliances, linens, towels, books, decorations, accessories, etc will be the financial responsibility of the booked guest through their Airbnb security deposit.
6. NOISE - Please be respectful of my neighbors and keep the noise level low. This includes when in the hall and stairs, as the sound travels and can become very loud unintentionally.
7. ELECTRICITY - Anytime you are not in the apartment, please be sure to turn off all lights & the television. I also ask that you turn down or off the Heater or Air Conditioner when you go out for the day. Electricity in NYC are extremely expensive and I would appreciate your help in keeping my bills reasonable.
8. SCENTS - Please refrain from using any candles, incense or essential oils, perfume, aftershave or cologne. Please do not use spray sunscreen or deodorant anywhere in the apartment except the bathroom.
9. FIREPLACE - The fireplace is off limits to guests if they have children under the age of
staying in the apartment. It does not have a screen or safety door and I do not want your child was hurt in an accident.
10. PACKAGES - No packages may be mailed to my home without my express permission.
11. WEAPONS - There are no guns or weapons allowed in my apartment. No exceptions.
12. DRUGS -No illegal drugs. This is not so much a rule but the law.
13. KEYS - If House Keys are not returned and/or lost, you will be charged a $30 replacement fee.
14. FILMING - There will be no filming of any kind inside my apartment for commercial. Commercial use means for personal gain in any way.
15. TELEVISION - Any programs purchased through my cable On-demand will be your financial responsibility and will be billed to you via Airbnb.
16. SMARTPHONE - With the phone you can text unlimited and call locally unlimited. Please no international calls. If there are any, you will need to pay the charges. Please do not watch video or download movies to the phone as it will cause you to use a tremendous amount of cellular data if not done on WiFi. If the cellular data goes over 3 GB per week, you will be charged $20 for additional 3 GB block of cellular data. If any purchases are made that are charged to the phone number, you will be billed for the cost. I will have access to all your phone activity so, please do not embarrass me or yourself. If the phone is broken, lost or stolen the cost of replacement will be $75 and I cannot guarantee I will get on too you by the end of your stay. I have up to 7 days after you check out to bill you for any extra charges resulting from you telephone use, such as purchases, overages, loss, theft or repairs. You will sign an agreement stating the above before receiving the phone.
17. LAPTOP - The laptop will have a link to my premium cable account, if you decide to watch a pay for view movie, you will be charged the cost. The laptop can not leave the apartment without my express permission. You will be given a guest password upon check-in, do not change it or I will charge you $25 unlock fee. Please do not download to my laptop, it only takes one click to get a virus. If the laptop is broken, lost or stolen (while in your possession out of the apartment) the replacement fee is $200. Again, I may see your history and activity so please keep it clean. I have up to 7 days after you check out to bill you for any extra charges resulting from you laptop use, such as loss, theft or repairs. You will sign an agreement stating the above before receiving the phone.
18. CLEANING - Please leave the apartment in a reasonable condition. I do not expect you to actually clean, but just tidy up. I ask when leaving you take out the garbage, fold up the sofa bed or air mattress and throw away any left-over food in the refrigerator. Any dirty linens can be placed in the laundry bag in the closet.
19. FOOD - Please feel free to use any food items in the refrigerator. The freezer items are off limits. You are also welcome to use spices, salt, pepper, sugar and oil.
20. ILLNESS & MISC - During your stay, I am not responsible for illness, injury, theft or accidents that occur to you while in my apartment.
****These rules are not meant to inhibit your fun during your stay but to protect both myself and you from potential problems and annoyances. Most of them are based on situations I have encountered with prior guest and I would like not to repeat them in the future. I truly appreciate your cooperation. *******
To show you have read my rules please include the following phrase when booking or inquiring about the room - "I LOVE NY!".
เจ้าของที่พักรายนี้มี 42 ความคิดเห็นสำหรับที่พักอื่นดูรีวิวอื่น
Single woman who loves her hometown! I am a native New Yorker willing to share any tips or ideas for experiencing my hometown. Want to shop? I will send you to the area best suited to your needs. Museums? I will tell you which are actually free.
My style of hosting is to treat guests as if a second cousin was coming to stay. Friendly but with a lot of space for you to do your own thing. I am currently not working so I am home a lot but I do my best not to infringe on your privacy.
While I am open to all nationalities, races and religions as well as LGBTQ friendly, I am only fluent in English. Sorry the best I can do in other languages is ask "Where is the Bathroom?" in Spanish, Italian, French and Chinese. From that information you can guess where I have traveled in the past!
I am a minor political junkie and a lover of Game of Thrones. Both are subjects I can discuss for HOURS!l