My two bedroom, two bath condo with side windows is spacious and open! The ocean-side balcony features a two person swing to relax and observe in. Two pools, beach toys, pier views, and a SMART TV for your pleasure!
This is Vacation Rental Agreement under the NC Vacation Rental Act. The rights and obligations of the parties to this agreement are defined by law. Your signature on this agreement and/or payment and/or taking possession of the property is evidence of your acceptance of the agreement and your intent to use this property for a vacation rental.
*Deposit is fully refundable if the agreement is met in full.
**Please NOTE that the condo, it's furnishings and items available April 2016 may change prior to your arrival. In the event of a change all items will be comparable, at the owners discretion.
***State/county sales and Carolina Beach room taxes are currently 13.75%. Tenant shall be responsible for payment of all applicable taxes according to rates in effect at the time of occupancy.
1. CHECK-IN time is 4PM, EST, and CHECK-OUT time is 10AM EST.
2. Renter shall keep the Unit and portions of the Common Areas it uses clean, safe and sanitary. Renter will notify Owner of the need of replacement of or repairs to a smoke detector, and replacement batteries as needed during occupancy. Renter agrees to use the Unit only in compliance with all applicable governmental ordinances, regulations or laws and in compliance with the condominium rules and regulations. Renters' breach of any duty contained in this paragraph shall be considered material, and shall, at Owner's sole and exclusive option, result in the termination of Renter's occupancy with no refund of any kind. Notwithstanding any such early termination of this Rental Agreement, Renter's obligations incurred during the term of this Rental Agreement shall survive.
3. THIS RENTAL AGREEMENT IS ACKNOWLEDGED AND ADOPTED once payment has been made towards your reservation. The unit remains available for others to book until payment has been received by the owner.
4. You may choose to purchase travel insurance separately.
5. In no event shall the Unit be occupied by more persons than the capacity of subject property (generally, this equates to 2 persons per bedroom plus 2 persons in the living area). Bedding is listed only to accommodate flexibility in sleeping arrangements and not to represent occupancy limits. At least one Renter must be at least 25 years old and only family groups are to occupy the Unit as required by Owner. No fraternities, school, civic or other non-family groups are allowed unless Owner grants prior approval. In no event shall Renter assign or sublet the Unit in whole or in part. Violations of these rules are grounds for expedited eviction with no refund of any kind. Renter hereby acknowledges and grants specific permission to Owner to enter Unit at any time for inspection purposes should Owner reasonably believe that Renter is causing or has caused any damage to the Unit. Renter further agrees to grant Owner access to Unit for purposes of maintenance and repair. If the condo is listed “For Sale," Renter agrees to grant Owner access by scheduled appointment upon 24 hour notification.
6. No daily maid service is provided.
7. Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check-in.
8. Parking Passes must be displayed at all times. Failure to display may result in towing of vehicle at renter's expense. The owner is not responsible for vehicles towed for any reason.
9. If the Unit permits pets, Renter agrees to have not more than one housebroken dog or cat without the express prior approval of Owner. No dog may weigh more than 130 pounds. Renter is responsible for cleaning the area around Unit of all pet excretions. Renter agrees to pay a non-refundable Pet Fee, if requested by Owner. Any damage by a pet to the Unit will be the responsibility of Renter and shall be paid immediately upon written demand by Owner. Any undeclared pet(s) found in or about a NO PET condo is grounds for expedited eviction and forfeiture of all monies paid and a non-declared pet charge of $150.00 per pet per week or any portion thereof at Owner's sole option. This is a NO SMOKING condo. Smoking is not allowed in or around the Unit by Renter or Guests. If there is any smell of smoke or evidence of smoking, the deposit will be forfeited. Grills are NOT allowed in the condo.
10. No refunds will be provided due to inoperable appliances, etc. in the Unit although Owner will make every reasonable effort to assure that such appliances will be and remain in good working order. Also, no refunds will be given due to power blackouts, water shortage, flooding, construction at adjacent properties, or mandatory evacuation of the area by New Hanover County officials due to hurricanes or other potentially dangerous situations.
11. A $10.00 fee, plus shipping costs, applies to any Lost and Found items that Owner returns to Renter. Items found and not claimed within 30 days will be disposed of at the discretion of Owner.
12. LINENS/TOWELS/INCIDENTALS: If linens, towels, kitchen supplies or other equipment supplied by the Owner is lost or damaged, Renter is responsible for lost or damaged items at a cost of three (3) times the published standard retail price for such damaged/lost items.
13. In the event Owner is unable to make Unit available for any reason other than as described in this Rental Agreement or a reasonable substitute as determined by Owner, Renter hereby agrees that Owner's sole liability as a result of this unavailability is to provide a full or partial refund of all monies paid under this Rental Agreement; and Renter expressly acknowledges that in no event shall Owner be held liable for any special or consequential damages which result from this unavailability. Renter also agrees to indemnify Owner from and against liability for injury to Renter or any other person occupying Unit resulting from any cause whatsoever.
14. Owner may terminate this Rental Agreement upon the breach of any of the terms hereof by Renter. Renter shall not be entitled to the return of any monies paid under the terms of this Rental Agreement and shall vacate the Property immediately.
15. Each Renter shall be jointly and severally liable for the compliance with all the terms, provisions, and conditions of this Rental Agreement. Each Renter hereby indemnifies and holds Owner harmless from and against any costs, fees, fines, penalties, damages and causes of action related to the actions or inactions of any guest, invitee, contractor, or family member who enters into the Unit.
16. This Rental Agreement shall be enforced under the laws of the State of North Carolina, including the NC Vacation Rental Act, and represents the entire agreement. Any amendments must be in writing and signed by both parties. In the event of a dispute, legal action may be brought only in Wake County, North Carolina.
17. The term “Renter" or “Tenant" as used herein shall mean each and every person signing this agreement, their family or guest and agents, all of whom shall be jointly and severally liable for compliance with the terms, provisions and conditions of this agreement. Any breach of said rules and regulations may be grounds for eviction with no refunds of rent.
18. Hurricane/Storm Policy – No refunds will be given. We recommend the purchase of travel insurance.
I agree that all rental monies are only refundable as noted in the cancellation policy above. I understand that my rights to purchase travel insurance. By making payment towards my reservation, I agree to all terms and conditions of this agreement.