I went to Korea alone and stayed in W house for 3 weeks. Some pros:
- Transportation: A 1-2 minutes walk to a subway station (green line, #2), that goes in a circle around the inner part of Seoul and a bit across the river. Also a few busses come by.
Some places that are super close are HongDae (shopping and cheap street food), and Ewha Womens' University (shopping, and a nice campus).
- Neighbourhood: Right outside Yonsei University, and also in the middle of a neighbourhood full of restaurants. If you're unsure about where to eat, just walk around and you'll probably find something interesting. There's a lot of Korean BBQ and Japanese restaurants within a few seconds of walking. A lot of them open till quite late at night.
Other sorts of eating places include fried chicken (with beer), dessert cafes, a Paris Baguette bakery, bars, juice bars, Gong Cha bubble tea, Baskin Robbins and a few more.
There's also a 2 McDonald's and a Burger King if you want to be fast.
- Atmosphere: Quiet during the day, and a lot more vibrant and bright at night. Lots of students walk around at night, and a lot of restaurants open in the evening. There's neon signs everywhere, and usually when there are big sports events happening a lot of restaurants are filled. The nearest road to the house is close but quite small. You can't hear the traffic indoors, but for sure can once you step outside.
The room and house itself:
- A little small, but it has everything you need. The toilet and shower are all in one corner, so it's quite convenient.
- There's a small shelf with doors to lock up your shoes (keys included).
- The walls are pretty soundproof. If you close the door of the room you can hear people talking in the hallway (which rarely happens), or a very soft sound of the shower (not the tap) turning on in the room right next to you. Other rooms can't really hear you if you both have your doors closed then they can't hear what you say in the room.
Overall a great place to stay since it's in the middle of a lot of nice places to eat and shop, and really good if you're coming alone! :)