** The unit is under lease with a permanent occupant and will not be available for booking until 01-November-2017. **
Welcoming you to your very own private space and backyard in El Paso's historic Austin Terrace neighborhood that is centrally located and easily accessible within minutes to the rest of El Paso and la Cuidad Juarez.
Originally added-on by the previous owner as a posh master-bedroom, the current owner outfitted it with a fully-functioning kitchen to make it a completely independent efficiency-apartment and backyard that is ideal for travelers and their pets, as well as longer-term residents.
With its entry points separate from the main house, and governed by electronic locks that will be programmed specifically for your access prior to your arrival, you can show up at any time, and come & go as you please with only as much (or as little) host interaction as is desired, or required. And no worries about returning any keys ... there aren't any! We'll just delete your security code after you leave. :-)
The private Guest quarters consists of:
- 16' x 11.5' bedroom with a queen-sized bed, and soft linens
- Large bathroom with a jacuzzi tub, and a huge walk-in shower
- Full-functioning kitchen (fridge, oven/range, microwave, crockpot, toaster, and coffee-maker)
- Large bureau and two bedside-drawers for storage
- Three closets (one with drawers) measuring 3' wide, and stretching 8' from floor to ceiling
- Writing desk and chair
Guests maintain exclusive access to their private quarters, as well as to the adjoining backyard for the entire duration of their stay.
Depending on season and functionality, the indoor pool may be used by Guest(s) or Host at any time.
There is one internal door separating the Guest quarters from the main house which is locked at all times.
I certainly prefer to welcome all Guests upon their arrival, but since everybody operates on different schedules, I've designed the space to be fully accessible at all times (including check-in) with or without my direct involvement.
I value my own privacy greatly, and respect yours to the utmost as a result. Also, I know full-well that you didn't make the drive to visit me, so I start with the assumption that you'd prefer privacy after the long journey.
That's not to say I'm in any way opposed to hangin' out with cool people. When my kids aren't with me, I live alone, and could use some better company besides the cat :-). But no Guest should feel in anyway obligated to spend any time with me whatsoever. Like I said, I know you're here for the space ... not for me; so I operate on the initial assumption that you'd prefer to be left alone.
The best way to communicate with me at any time - day or night - is via text message, or voice call. My cell is ALWAYS powered on and within reach.
I work a standard M-F, 8-6 job; but it's a quick 10 minutes away from the property, so I can be on-hand quickly if need be. As a backup, my parents live just a couple miles away and can assist in a pinch as well.
I was born and raised in El Paso and I'm happy to offer suggestions for whatever it is you're looking to do.
All Guests will arrive to find the Guest quarters thoroughly clean, the beds dressed with freshly washed sheets, and clean linens consisting of: 4 body towels, 2 hand towels, 2 wash cloths, and 4 pool towels.
After check-in, Guest(s) are responsible for their own cleaning and laundry services, regardless of the duration of their stay. However, Host may provide cleaning equipment, tools, and supplies upon request.
The following apply to Host and Guest(s) equally:
- Utmost respect for: Privacy, Property, Peace, and Persons ... period.
- No venturing into the other's respective area (main house/guest quarters) without prior approval of the other.
- Close and lock all pool-area doors before leaving. Small children and pets may be present ... tragedy needs only 60 seconds.
** Other Items **
- No pets, glass containers, or sex in the pool area (I shouldn't have to set a rule about peeing in the pool, right?)
- Scoop your pet's poop ... bags are available, and a trash can is located near the entrance, on the other side of the driveway
- "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas" ... just don't give the Host or neighbors a reason to complain, and ignorance shall be bliss.
Lastly, while there's no reason to believe your stay won't be a completely satisfying experience for us both, I hope we can resolve to discuss any complaints or grievances like reasonable adults, before airing them permanently in negative reviews.
IT professional by day, tired by night, beer and grill aficionado on the weekends.
I'm a year into the divorced, single life and only now getting my head above the turbulent financial waters that resulted. Also, I've got two small kids in whose lives I maintain a very active presence. Needless to say, my extensive traveling options will be rather limited for the next few ... rest of my life, lol.