Wonderful panoramic apartment of 125 sqm on three levels, with three bedrooms, three bathrooms and a large terrace with double exposure, from which you can admire the view of the city center, till the bell tower of St. Mark. The building is in a perfect location, just a few minutes’ walk from the train station of S. Lucia and 20 minutes from the Rialto Bridge.
Wonderful panoramic apartment of 125 sqm on three levels, with three bedrooms, three bathrooms and a large terrace with double exposure, from which you can admire the view of the city center, till the bell tower of St. Mark. The building is in a perfect location, just a few minutes’ walk from the train station of S. Lucia and 20 minutes from the Rialto Bridge, overlooking a quiet side street in the Cannaregio district, close to the garden of Chiesa degli Scalzi.
The building dates back to the 30s, but has recently undergone complete renovation.
On the first level, 4th floor, there is the sleeping area, consisting of:
- a room with a double bed (which can be split into single beds upon request);
- a smaller room with two single beds;
- a stylish bathroom with shower and washing machine;
- a third bedroom with double bed and en-suite bathroom with a striking emotional shower including Turkish bath function.
On the 5th floor, reachable through an internal staircase, there is the airy living area, with a windowed wall, overlooking the colorful rooftops of Venice and the orchard of the Friars. It consists of:
- a sitting area with sofa bed, two armchairs, a table for 6 people and TV;
- a fully equipped kitchen with electric oven, microwave, dishwasher, coffee maker and kettle.
- another bathroom with sink and toilet
From the living room, through a first terrace, a staircase leads to the wide open terrace from which you can enjoy a beautiful view of the heart of Venice and the lagoon. In summer it is equipped with table and chairs.
The apartment, with energy efficiency class "A", has underfloor ventilation and cooling systems.
Windows are double-glazed to guarantee better comfort and noise isolation. Ceilings are characterized by charming wooden beams.
It is nearly impossible to imagine a better location!
The apartment is located next to the train station, which is easily reachable on foot, in a few minutes even with luggage.
The location is also a good starting point for exploring the city: Calle Pruli ai Cavalletti is very quiet despite being just off the bustling main street, hosting a succession of shops, markets and restaurants. In 20 minutes you can reach the Rialto Bridge and then the wonderful Piazza San Marco, heart of the city, with the Basilica and the Doge's Palace overlooking the lagoon. For art lovers, the Scuola Grande di San Rocco with important paintings by Titian is only a 10 minutes’ walk across the famous Ponte degli Scalzi, outside the railway station.
Five minutes from the apartment lies the famous district Cannaregio, the old Jewish quarter and now home to one of the departments of the University Ca' Foscari. Cannaregio is an area of the town that has preserved its discreet charm, perfect to breathe the authentic Venetian atmosphere; a special place, away from the bustle of the main streets, where you can enjoy peace and tranquillity.
In this regard, the foundations of Sacca San Girolamo, located on the tip of the district, are worth visiting: there you can admire the wonderful colours that produce the sun at sunset, when reflected on the opaque waters of the lagoon of Venice.
Following the sun, in the lagoon, is the best way to discover the most authentic side of the city. From the district to the Arsenale, for example, you can watch the sunrise at its outmost. A short distance away, there are the Biennale’s gardens perfect for relaxing walks, in the framework of the old town, which is never too crowded with tourists.
A wide selection of restaurants and “trattorias” is available in the neighbourhood of the apartments.
For everyday shopping, you can opt for the larger supermarket located in Calle del Ghetto Vecchio - 600m from the apartment, while in the Cannaregio district you will find a small but well-stocked grocery store run by a couple of very kind Venetians!
GETTING AROUND IN VENICE
The best way to experience Venice is “getting lost” on foot among its canals and stare wonders at every turn, admiring the passing gondolas or enjoying the silence that surrounds the channel at dusk.
The city is well served by a convenient network of water buses. The closest stops are only 200 meters from the apartment, on the Grand Canal in front of the railway station. Here you will find the landing of the lines leading to San Marco, Murano Island (famous for glass craftsmen) or the Lido of Venice (where the Festival of Cinema takes place).
HOW TO GET THERE
- From the train station: take the second street on the left, Calle Pruli ai Cavalletti, and follow it to the end, beyond a wooden bridge, to reach the entrance of the building.
- By Car: you can park in the underground parking in Piazzale Roma, 800 meters away, just across the famous bridge of Calatrava. Alternatively, we recommend leaving your car at the railway station in Mestre, well served by car parks open 24/24, and then take the train to Venezia Santa Lucia.
- From the airport Marco Polo: take the shuttle bus, leading to Piazzale Roma in 20 minutes.
- From Mestre: you can reach Piazzale Roma using the T1 tramway from the city centre.