Shannon Rest offers a quiet on the porch experience with a water view. A ramshackle 1925 farmhouse on a quiet street. 300 feet of waterfront. Kayaks, Adirondack chairs, and room to sleep 6 to 13.
1925 Farm House.
Very informal - the kind of place you walk through with grass covered bare feet.
Spend time on the porch- swans, geese, herons, and Bald Eagles frequent the area.
Shannon Rest is our get away. It's our place to slow down for a week or a weekend. The house is definitely a work in progress. We've redone the kitchen and living room, but you will find some cracks in the plaster and outdated fixtures in the other rooms.
Full access to the house, porch, plus some outbuildings.
We are pretty far away, but have local help should there be any issue with access to the property, or issues during your stay.
The neighbors have dogs and horses. While pet's are welcome at Shannon Rest, you must keep control of them. The horses are docile creatures, but probably would not react well to a dog running around in their pastures.
The creek is fairly shallow. The kids swim in there at high tide, but I don't. Water shoes are highly recommended if you go in, as there are natural oysters that are sharp.
- Smoking is permitted on the porch
- Contact owner for parties/events
- Power boats/PWC from dock only (contact owner)
- Under no circumstances should children or pets be allowed to go into the neighbors yard and interact with the horses. Don't feed them, don't pet them.
- No food/grease/other down the drains (old house/old septic system)
- No feminine products down the toilet please (old house/old septic system)