Casa Roja is located in the eclectic and historic Hyde Park neighborhood in the heart of central Austin. This space is walking distance to numerous restaurants, coffee shops, yoga studios, and bars. I'm close to the University of Texas at Austin and a 10 min drive to downtown. This is a 2br 2ba 2,200 square foot home that features a gated private yard with a nice outdoor patio.
Your bedroom is furnished with a new bed, pillows, and linens that will insure a restful nights sleep. Your private bath will be stocked with the necessities; towels, soaps, extra linens, basic toiletries, iron, and a blow dryers are provided. If you have additional guests, a queen or twin air mattress serves as a nice additional place to crash.
The chef's kitchen is finished with granite counter tops, updated appliances, nice cookware, and sharp knives. Appliances include coffee maker, toaster, blender, crock pot, and ice cream maker. Local coffee beans, tea choices, herbs & spices, and cooking oil are also provided.
The TV is complete with Chromecast so you can stream from any of your own devices. Connect your phone via bluetooth to the speakers to get the tunes roll'n.
The backyard is my sanctuary complete with horseshoes, a shaded gazebo, and hammock. It is completely fenced-in with a private 8 foot fence.
You will have full access to the house with the exception of my bedroom and garage.
I can interact with you as little or as much as you like. Usually I am available via call and/or text.
The security deposit does not get charged to your card upon booking. If there is an issue I'll always try to solve it with you directly before going to Airbnb.
I have a dog myself, but note that I don't allow her in your bedroom to keep it free of hair and dander (even tho she doesn't shed much at all). I'm open to having your pup stay but ask that you contact us and tell us about your dog before booking. We will, under no circumstances, allow any cats.
12 House Rules:
1. Please be respectful. This is my home, please treat it as your own.
2. Do your dishes. Soap is not necessary on cast iron skillets. You're welcome to store food in the cabinets and fridge in the kitchen.
3. It’s cool if you have some friends over but keep it classy.
4. No smoking inside.
5. Please lock up the home when you leave. You will be provided a code.
6. You'll notice most of the plates, bowls, and cups are handmade. It's a hobby I enjoy which requires hours of work for each piece, they are made to be used but please handle with care.
7. Chromecast is easy to connect to - just web-search it - they'll have step by step instructions for your device. The speakers can be connected to via bluetooth from any of your own devices.
8. We split space in the driveway, you can only park on Duval St. between 6pm and 7am, but side streets are always available if you have more than one car.
9. Check out Policies. Guest should be checked out of home by 11am of last day, unless another time is specifically agreed upon.
10. No downloading of illegal/pirated videos, the internet company keeps records of IP addresses and content. I get notices with the dates of when the content was downloaded; any fines will be deducted from your deposit.
11. If you have any furry friends joining you, great, just let me know beforehand. My pup, Maggie, is sweet and has all vaccinations and flee/ heartworm prevention. Please do not give Maggie people food.
12. Last of all - have fun and don't piss off the neighbors.
Note: The ice machine maker is not working currently; however, I will provide ice in the box.
I'm laid back, have a healthy addiction to food, music, meeting new people, fashion, good coffee, good beer, listening to podcasts, and the performing arts. When I'm not working I'm probably playing soccer, doing yoga, climbing, trail running, or mountain biking. I've been in Austin for a little over a year. I know about the best local hangouts and still enjoy exploring new Austin gems.