Rustling Waters Retreat is a private and inviting all-wood interior cabin with excellent beds, hot tub, pool table and gas grill. Fresh bed linens, thick over-sized towels, toiletries and more await you as well as a well-appointed kitchen. If you seek relaxation and will respect the natural surroundings and amenities provided, please reach out to enjoy the sounds of Birds Creek below and across the road while only 15-20 min away from Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge. Minimum age 25 unless owner-approved.
A. RENTAL AGREEMENT - A Rustling Waters Retreat Rental Agreement will be shared within 24 hours of booking and e-mail addresses are available to be able to send attachments; there is no way to share it in advance. Guests must sign and return Rental Agreement via e-mail within 24 hours of receipt or reservation will be nullified. Guests not wishing to comply with the Rental Agreement are free to cancel a booking with no penalty from the host.
B. GUEST INFORMATION SHEET - Guests are required to complete a Guest Information Sheet upon which names of guests are shared as well as vehicle information. Minimum age for guests is 25 unless accompanied by parents or other older adults; exceptions require phone interview with the owner. A Guest Information Sheet is sent as an e-mail attachment 10-14 days prior to the first day of a stay and also must be returned within 24 hours of receipt or reservation may be cancelled. Guests may also provide requested information via Airbnb message or e-mail, and I will complete the form for my records. Knowing who is in my cabin home at all times is important to my insurance company. Knowing your vehicle description is for your safety; I have a lovely caretaker couple who will alert me if/when they see an unexpected vehicle in the parking area.
1. Check-in 3:00PM EST. Check-out 10:00AM EST.
2. Relax, rest, enjoy, eat and sleep well - but please NO PETS. Evidence of pets (pet hair, deposits in yard, scratches on woodwork, stains on carpet, etc.) will result in withholding of security deposit.
3. NO SMOKING inside or near cabin doors or any windows! However, an area is designated for smoking outside at the corner of the cabin with an Adirondack chair and a cigarette butt receptacle. Evidence of smoking may result in withholding of security deposit funds for clean up.
4. HOT TUB:
a. To open gently flip front half over the spa cover ”butler” then use frame to lift cover completely off; NO sitting on cover.
b. PLEASE RINSE AT LEAST FEET BEFORE entering, and no shoes or sandals or water socks in hot tub; this will help keep the water as fresh as possible, especially during longer stays
c. Avoid glass in/around hot tub
d. Please leave chlorine floater in hot tub at ALL times
Any damage to hot tub or cover, excessive debris in bottom, evidence of spills into or around, and/or exceptionally dirty water will result in withholding of security deposit funds for servicing as needed and/or extra clean up and sanitizing.
e. Hot tub capacity is 800#.
5. PLEASE USE COASTERS under glasses and mugs on wood furniture.
6. Please do NOT remove any cabin property from premises at any time.
7. LAND LINE PHONE: Use as needed (number in cabin notebook) for emergency use or if your cell service is not optimal.
8. LIVING ROOM SOFA: Please keep 4-6 inches AWAY from wall (under loft stairs) for free air flow to air return vent.
9. LOFT FUTON: Provided bed pillows (NOT sofa/decorator pillows) and provided linens must be used on futon mattress when futon is used for sleeping. Evidence of use of futon for sleeping without linens or use of sofa/decorator pillows instead of provided bed pillows may result in withholding of security funds for extra clean up and sanitizing.
10. CEILING FANS: Run continuously, especially in summer, to ensure best circulation with the high ceiling!
11. DISHWASHER: Use Cascade pods in basket on kitchen counter to wash all dishware; and note dishwasher runs very quietly. Leaving dirty dishes behind may result in withholding of security deposit funds for extra clean up.
12. GAS GRILL: Please turn OFF when not in use and use wire brush available under kitchen sink to clean excess waste and char from grill grates. Leaving grill excessively greasy/messy may result in withholding of security deposit funds for extra clean up.
13. WASHER/DRYER: Tide pods and Bounce sheets on kitchen counter are for personal laundry; please leave linen and towel laundry to cabin cleaners.
14. ANTIQUES: Master BR - cedar armoire: open right side first then unlatch left door at top inside. 2nd BR - open chest drawers VERY gently.
Lastly, and of course, call or text anytime (host phone number in cabin notebook) or e-mail if you need assistance or have any questions.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund. Cancel within 7 days of your trip and the reservation is non-refundable.
Hospitality-oriented, positive and caring in personal relationships and very action-oriented, organized and collaborative at work. Born and raised in the Midwest, completed undergrad at Purdue University, have lived all over east of the Mississippi, and totally love Middle and East Tennessee after having recently lived south of Nashville. Professionally I'm a food scientist and project manager and at home I'm a mother, cook, baker, gardener, music lover, sports fan, am crazy about my 3 dogs, and I love walking, spinning, and golf.