Private bedroom, bathroom w/ hot water showers. Full-size real bed. Fast Wifi. Shared pool & outdoor patio with covered terrace and grill. Pets OK. A/C Available. Shared kitchen with stove, oven, and microwave to cook meals; refrigerator to store your food/leftovers. 6 chair dining area or poolside patio for eating. Game room with pool table, foosball, ping pong. Large living room, comfy wraparound couch. Park off-street. Beach across the street.
Mire debajo para obtener información en español!
The house has 4 bedrooms, each with a private bath and locking doors. Your room has a built-in wall closet with ample storage including hangers and shelves. There is also additional storage above the closet for large items. The room features a full-size matrimonial bed, or if you prefer we can loan you a hammock to hang in the room.
The room has a ceiling fan, and also air-conditioning machine controlled by remote (small extra charge; see House Rules). Guests enjoy simply cooling their room by opening the windows to the ocean breeze that is steady throughout the day.
High speed wireless internet is included available in your room and throughout the house; we have Netflix to share if you want to enjoy a movie.
You'll have access to the kitchen, stocked with many of the pots and pans, utensils, dry-goods staples, spices and cooking supplies you'll need to cook a great meal with the groceries you purchase (if you'd like to eat at home). Inside: oven, stove, microwave. Outside a charcoal grill and charcoal are available for your use at no cost if you want to grill out. We recycle!
Enjoy your meal at the wooden 6-seat dining room table overlooking the patio, at the 6-seat tiled breakfast nook, or dine al fresco on the patio by the pool (plastic chairs & table). If you prefer restaurant meals, there are also over a dozen dining options within 2-3 blocks walking distance (see menus and map in house guest book). With few exceptions, these restaurants are affordable enough that many guests choose eating out often.
Walk straight through the kitchen to the patio in the fenced-in back yard to sit by the pool and enjoy the sound of the waves off the ocean. The area is fully enclosed by mosquito netting.
This is a large 2-story house. There are a number of areas you are welcome to use outside your bedroom, which will often allow you a measure of privacy to work, play, watch a movie on your laptop, or read/relax:
- Outdoor back patio with pool, charcoal grill and dining outdoors option. There is also a full shower and bathroom at the pool, with an access door around the side of the house to allow you to wash up some after spending time at the beach, before tracking sand into your room.
- The first floor living room has two comfortable rocking chairs that I can honestly attest even younger people like to sit in. The couch seats 10, but most times it's doubtful there will be more people there than just you (unless you want to start the party!). You're welcome to use the 50 inch flat-screen television there for watching DVDs or streaming movies (instead of the smaller one in your room).
- The second floor game room is open to all guests, with a panoramic window spanning the whole 40 feet (13m). There's a nice view of palm trees, sand and water beyond the property across the street. There's also a small balcony off the game room where smoking is permitted. Game room amenities include Pool Table, Foosball Table, and Ping Pong Table. Please note that this is a beach house, so many years of salt air have roughened the wood of the pool table and foosball table; these game tables are functional but not new. There is also a bar here. While we'd go broke if we offered "all the free liquor you can drink" for everyone at the nightly room rental rates we charge, we invite you to feel free to make a drink or two from whatever you find stocked there. We promise not to count ounces. :)
- Front patio and parking area includes a large picnic table, ceramic wraparound benches and several lounge chairs. This is where you will often find me working at my laptop...you know, as you borrow a lounge chair to go across the street to do nothing at the beach. I may be just a little jealous.
We live in the house and are locals. We like having a 5 star rating and Superhost status with AirBnb. We can help you with whatever you need (in English or Spanish).
Progreso's best street, Calle 21. Walk to stores, cross the road, you're on the beach. We're both English and Spanish speaking and would be happy to help you communicate with locals either way, whatever you need.
- Air conditioning: An air conditioning wall unit is available in your room for an extra nightly charge if you choose to use it. If not, we didn't feel like it was fair for you to pay a higher nightly rate for an amenity you wouldn't use. While we have good air conditioning units, they are not big enough to cool the outside! Please if you have the air conditioning in your room on, make sure the window shutters are shut. Otherwise feel free to leave the screened windows open and let the lovely sea air blow through the house.
- Beach items: Please feel free to take our beach chairs and/or beach umbrella a block to the beach; however, you must bring them back to the patio each day. If they are lost or blown out to sea, you will be asked to replace them!
- Charcoal Grill: There is a charcoal grill located near the pool, available for your use. There should be ample charcoal available unless you grill every day. Please make sure fires are put out before sleeping. You will be evicted if you leave a hot fire burning overnight.
- Smoking: Smoking outside only (sand bucket receptacles provided). You will be evicted if you smoke inside.
- Cleanliness: Clean up after yourself and put stuff away in the kitchen as you would in a friend's home. Clean up any spills on furniture immediately. Other than that, there's no problems because house cleaner comes 1x per week.
- Communication: Save and have your host's cellular phone number with you at all times. If there is a fire or medical emergency and we are not also on the property, please call us immediately after calling the relevant authorities. We will provide a local cellular phone for all guests staying 7 nights or longer (free to use for local calls).
- Courtesy: Be respectful of hosts and guests as you would in a friend's home.
- Guests: You are welcome to do as we do and make local friends and have guests. However please clear it with host before having unknown overnight guests!
- Insects “No Seeums" and Mosquitoes: If you raise the window screens or leave the doors open, the house could fill up with mosquitoes and/or “no seeums" which will make it extremely unpleasant. At night please pull the curtains to cover the glass patio doors in the living/dining room (this is because such insects are attracted to light and will gather outside at night when the lights are on inside, then fly inside when the door is opened.)
- Internet: Wifi password is written on the bedroom door. Your hosts depend on FAST internet to run our business, and video eats up bandwidth. You can watch streaming movies, but don't stream videos on three different laptop computers all at once!
- Locks and Keys: You will be provided keys to each door(s) needed during your stay at check-in, and we ask that you be responsible not to lose them. We consider this neighborhood to be safe but burglaries happen all over the world. Lock all exterior doors to your room(s) and common area when leaving the house (door handle and the dead bolt).
- Meals and Food storage: The kitchen is small but there is room to store your food. Most days, you may cook meals in shared kitchen from ingredients you purchase. We have pots and pans and containers for storing leftovers in the refrigerator. Please clean up after yourself and put stuff away in the kitchen as you would in a friend's home. We would be grateful if you'd remove all items from the refrigerator upon checking out. Sometimes we have small dinner parties, you're welcome to join unless you're boring!
- Pets: We are pet-friendly but not pet-servants. Please do as we do and clean up after your pet, inside and outside.
- Stray Animals: Like everywhere in Mexico, stray dogs roam freely. There are also many feral cats that live in the streets. You may want to feed these animals, but you'd be doing a dis-service to your hosts and to everyone in the neighborhood, so do not do it! When you're long gone back to your normal life these animals will still be sniffing around for a handout and making a nuisance of themselves. Do not let any stray animal from the streets into the house or into our fenced yard.
- Telephone: If you're going to be here 7 days or more, we'll give you a local cellphone to use for free (just ask). It will be good for 100 minutes or so of talk time (a text message is one minute); after that you will need to purchase more minutes at the Oxxo a few blocks away. Please return the phone at the end of your stay. If the phone is lost, you will be asked to replace it!
เจ้าของที่พักรายนี้มี 28 ความคิดเห็นสำหรับที่พักอื่นดูรีวิวอื่น
Hi, I'm Danny and my fiancee is Teather. Se habla espanol (mas y mas). Ich spreche Deutsch (schlecht). We are your hosts and live in another private-entrance room on the property. We share space with our black golden Lab Bailey (a former service dog, trained and very tranquil) and 2 cats that you're unlikely to see much of during your stay since they are 'fraidy cats' that like the backyard but aren't always fans of strangers. As for our dog Bailey, if you're anything like most people who meet him you'll make an offer to buy him within a few hours. :) We run an e-commerce business so typically work daily from a laptop, and are living in Progreso because it's affordable, fun, and warm. We generally think we're fun people, respectful and clean. Say hello and hang out outside or in the living-room if you want to talk; otherwise, we’ll assume you want to be left alone!